• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is This a Zombie? 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Butt Love is too strong my fellow AnimeNews Posters. I wonder what the Sensei is scheming up by interrogating that girl from the first season.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Why can't I find this show anywhere? I'm so frustrated! Funi said they'd be streaming it on NicoNico, right? So why isn't it streaming legally anywhere? Evil or Very Mad

The fact that I can probably find a way to watch it anyway is not the point. I wish Crunchyroll still had it! Crying or Very sad

Either wait until funimation has it up or go for the fan-subs that are out already for three episodes. Listen it's going to take funimation forever to get it uploaded but it's up to your own morals on what you want to do, this is one of the few shows I would have gladly payed cr legally for but I knew they were not going to get it since the first season has already been removed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Cecil,

Funimation has the 1st season on its website. Of course, it's hosted by Hulu, so you still have to deal with the annoyance of those ads.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Cecil,

Funimation has the 1st season on its website. Of course, it's hosted by Hulu, so you still have to deal with the annoyance of those ads.

Streaming low quality 360p video with ads.. how's about a big fat no on that part I will just wait for the bluray/dvd set when it comes out. Now If i had to do review for season two then yeah I would and host links to that site and stream there unless funimaiton adds it to their service for payed streaming then I will subscribe to them

However as of now there is not legal stream up for season two and three episodes are out already. I normally have patience to wait but this is the only anime i am watching week to week so far or even care about besides MGX.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Lol'd @ curse dance. And this delusion:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* I didn't realize Funimation doesn't quite simulcast shows. It's more like: "put episodes online at our leisure." I have a Crunchyroll subscription and I've gotten so spoiled at watching anime guilt-free, ad-free and in high def.

After marathoning the first 9 eps of Madoka Magica on crunchy, I was craving some wacky, magical drag queen hijinks so I went and watched the first two eps anyway.

The first episode was really funny spoiler[I love the drunk fairy/confidant who may be a figure of Ayumu's imagination (I'm guessing she's not, but I find it funny that Ayumu thinks he's hallucinating a girl who can't even get his name right. Boy has self-esteem issues.) The discussion amongst the magical girl, vampire ninja, and necromancer on how ghosts can't be real was hilarious and well played. As was the squid monster, transformation sequence, and upsetting humiliation. Who's the chick with the butt fetish, though? She looks just like Seras, but that can't be right...]

Episode 2 was disappointing-yes, it was sweet, and I'm glad it wasn't saturated in fanservice, but it just wasn't funny. I'll decide on whether to watch the next ep if popular opinion states that the humor quotient goes up.

Last edited by Agent355 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ggqt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Don't you guys just hate when they drop bombs like this

http://i.minus.com/ivQY3Pjd0pUmY.jpg

and never really get back to it? This was part of like a split second flashback of episode one season one. That is one major plot hole, and it looks like the best story of the series in my opinion.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Sweet leapin' Jeebus! Eu/Yuu this episode. My heart, my damn heart. I really need to start preparing defibrillators when I watch anime.

Sarasvati is quite humorous. I totally love the "darling" part in her "my darling piece of shit" lines. How does one get a female to call them by that?

Butt love is the purest form of love.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Sweet leapin' Jeebus! Eu/Yuu this episode. My heart, my damn heart. I really need to start preparing defibrillators when I watch anime.

Sarasvati is quite humorous. I totally love the "darling" part in her "my darling piece of shit" lines. How does one get a female to call them by that?

yes, yes it is...oh dear lord
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:

Amen to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
By that bit at the end of the episode, are we meant to believe that Eu can actually see Ayumu's delusions and just never mentioned it. Well I guess they are linked. Nice bring back to Ayumu' talent from his awkward pick up line. Unfortuantly not even that could save the performance, Haruna was sure jealous that Ayumu could do something better than her.

By the way, who was the weird blonde guy? And when did a cat have such a position in their household? I think I remember them feeding a stray.

Anyway we need plot after these episode, comeone hell spawn, evil magical girls, werewolf pirates, the show needs to move forward. Not just teasing with Ariel.

Oh yeah, rubber ducky and potty Laughing Eu can be a troll.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 7
After episodes without much story, they finally had a good one with the story. It seems that Haruna had the "genius" idea to spoiler[get her powers back by absorbing Eu's, which lead to Haruna taking on Eu's problems.] On the plus side we got so much Eu, spoiler[hearing her speak instead of the loud mouth Haruna.] We saw Eu showing emotion which speaks volumes, and her in cute normal clothes, which alone would have been awesome. And it looks like Eu definetly knows about Ayumu's delusions, outright inviting him, which gave a rare actual Eu's voice in the delusion.

One thing was that I kind of did not remember that one teacher, he must have been mostly background, but by himself would have not been a bad inclusion, they should have used that teacher. Oh and about Miss Fairy, turns out spoiler[that said teacher was in fact the fairy, she was cursed to look like that and could only turn back when she was off her face.] I thought the reveal was very well done, and the humour the type that I always liked in this series. Being able to dangle between making sense, self depreciating, and being tottally random.

I think it was the little things that made me love the episode: Eu talking, Haruna in a delusion, and Sera spoiler[putting on those cat ears.] Oh and everyone's thinking the worst of Ayumu felt funny here, rather than what it was like before.

And before I forget, I thought the "my doctor told me to" guy from episode 6 was funny, remminded of that dobberman guy in season 1.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Are people still watching this aside from Dusky? My husband and I really enjoyed the first season but getting into season 2 has been a little rough. We watched the first two episodes a while back and the animation seemed kinda downgraded somehow. Maybe I'm spoiled by HD streaming on crunchyroll...

So, for those of you who are keeping up...
Is the comedy actually going somewhere or are they just running the same gags? Because I'm a little bored of the "let's all pick on the MC" theme.

Does the plot go anywhere? It seems like the relationship building from season one is just kinda nonexistent. How goes it in season 2?

Up to this point, is it worth watching?

Thanks! Smile

I'm watching a lot of shows right now and I've put this one on the backburner to see if it gets any better. With other "zombie" and paranormal shows out, it's just getting pushed farther back on the watch list. :\
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching. I was a huge fan of the first series, and this has been disappointing so far. Very little happens, and when things do happen, they just happen with no connection to anything else. The big surprise of episode 7... doesn't seem to matter at all. I guess it can be roughly turned into the return of the Boob Witch, but at more than halfway through the season, there's not a whole lot going on. The novelty has worn off, the jokes feel kind of stale, and the absurdity doesn't seem so absurd anymore.

I hate to invoke Shakugan no Shana season 2, but... I kind of have to.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching and enjoying the series. It's true the story isn't really going anywhere although that may change as of the last episode. Still a fun little show for me, no big thang.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4