• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NIS America Confirms Disgaea 5, Localized Atelier Ayesha Plans

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terminus24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
VERY excited for Atelier Ayesha, got into the Atelier series with Rorona and have played through the Arland trilogy, and I'd like to try the Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia games, too.
warden13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to getting Atelier Ayesha. Still working on my 2nd playthrough of Atelier Meruru.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I up for Disgaea 5 one of my favorite series, along with Suikoden and Tales ; but honestly I want laharl and co back; Disgaea 1 was easily the best game, and that was easily the best cast, but at best they are non story relevant side characters, and I dont even know if they appear in 4.
aereus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 am Reply with quote
testyal1 wrote:
Disgaea 4's my first title in the series. I got it about a month or so ago.

So I won't mind a bit of Disgaea 5.

I would recommend playing 2 and 3 as well. Disgaea1 has not aged well combat-wise. Unless they revamped it a bit for the handheld version? La Pucelle also hasn't aged very well. Makai Kingdom should still be fun though.

I dunno -- I think the current Disgaea line has gotten stale and way too bloated. We've had feature creep every version, and now I feel sorry for the people just getting into the games, because its a lot to get the hang of.

Only issue is I think they're still tight for money, so I bet they're averse to spending a good budget on anything that isn't labeled Disgaea.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2