• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Posts More Ouran, Romeo X Juliet Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I am enjoying this boxset only route they are going, rather than releasing singles before sets Smile (Not to mention having RomeoxJuliet coming out VERY soon and not too far apart from each other).

However, it's not always fun that they split them up into 13 episode and consider it a "season" (which technically it is, but in the long run it IS more pricey to buy both 'season' boxsets than a normal 22-26 episode series). I still scratch my head at how they did FMA with 4 boxsets, although, at least considered each a season with 'part one' and 'part two', and THEN release full boxsets full of extras (not sure is the 4-part ones had them though).

Still, boxsets > singles for me, since I like saving space >_> Its still kinda pricey doing it that way but I do know they are trying their best to profit with how things are going.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I already own ouran so I don't care much for that, but I'm still kind of sore over the fact that funimation is just now starting to put out RomeoxJuliet. Haven't they been sitting on this license for almost 2 years now, and only now starting to put out subs for it and only now have they released anything on the dub? I'm glad that companies are starting to release things faster here, but it seems like the genre that I subscribe to the most is still getting the shaft as far as how quickly it gets put out there Confused
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that soon Romeo X Juliet will be coming out soon. I've been waiting patiently for Funi to release it, especially since I want to see it dubbed.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
Gee, I'm behind on my news. I didn't even know they had Shikabane Hime. Would have liked to see them dubbed, but in due time I guess!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
I haven't finished watching Ouran so that's good, and being able to watch Shikabane Hime should be promising as well. And it's good to know about the DVD release for Romeo X Juliet.
Kanon-chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
I am really happy that Funimation has finally announced their DVD plans for Romeo X Juliet. I have been waiting on the DVDs for it since Funimation licensed it and all the fansub groups dropped it with one of the groups only having three episodes left. I really enjoyed the series and I am really looking forward to owning it. I really like the fact that it is getting released in half season sets and I am really looking forward to watching the English dubbed version and finally getting to finish the subtitled version when the second set gets released in the Summer. Thank you Funimation for finally making a DVD announcement for one of my favorite series.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
Something's wrong. Something's different. For some reason, I'm actually able to watch these free streams despite many of the shows only being licensed in R1. Huzzah! Here's me thinking that region-locking was the norm.
Romeo X Juliet adapts a story I'm not overly fond of though, but judging by its alleged popularity, streaming it prior to the DVD release could earn them plenty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Something's wrong. Something's different. For some reason, I'm actually able to watch these free streams despite many of the shows only being licensed in R1. Huzzah!
Shhh. You'll jinx it. Wink

Glad to know the video portal will be getting these. I've been quite pleased with that service so far (although there have been a few glitches to be worked out.) I hope it's working out well for them and bringing in at least a little extra net profit. Anything to keep Funimation subbing, dubbing and putting out discs of some viable format.

I really need to pick up Ouran for myself. Having a To-Buy backlog is frustrating.
stardust462

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
I already own ouran so I don't care much for that, but I'm still kind of sore over the fact that funimation is just now starting to put out RomeoxJuliet. Haven't they been sitting on this license for almost 2 years now, and only now starting to put out subs for it and only now have they released anything on the dub? I'm glad that companies are starting to release things faster here, but it seems like the genre that I subscribe to the most is still getting the shaft as far as how quickly it gets put out there Confused

They announced the license last May at Anime Central.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote
i watched some Romeo X Juliet on that website, it starts out good, but it goes boring now. Not sure why.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2