• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Noitamina's 1st Psycho-Pass Promo Previews Staff, Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Akira Amano as the character designer and Tomokazu Seki is going to be in this?!

Hmm...I was going to avoid this show at first but now I'm curious.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Rumored staff:
director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Writer: gen urobutchi
Animation: production IG
Now im freaken hyped for the show.
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Who wants to put money on that this show is going to look like Equilibrium?
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Akira Amano art? Shut up and take my time!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
guilty crown 2.0 maybe this time with people who can actually write??? that I would actually like, though PLEASE PLEASE NO FAN SERVICE. I am serious noitamina is supposed to only have subtitle fan service at most so please keep it that way.

...Lewd subtitles? I'm having a hard time imagining sexy subtitles.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
kufirst

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
You can't tell me this doesn't look awesome so far!

So yes, hopefully it has some decent writing and it looks to be trying for sex appeal but hopefully it's not anything overbearing.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
guilty crown 2.0 maybe this time with people who can actually write??? that I would actually like, though PLEASE PLEASE NO FAN SERVICE. I am serious noitamina is supposed to only have subtitle fan service at most so please keep it that way.

...Lewd subtitles? I'm having a hard time imagining sexy subtitles.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm serious what happened to noitamina going back to the days of nodame, honey and clover, bunny drop, eden of the east (not that pathetic anti capitalism rip off called C), heck even wondering son and fractale (minus that #$^T%$ awful ending) and other shows that I could show to my parents and they would love them
and yes that is what happens after I chat after a surprise 5.5 hour shift at my third job.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
@Tanteikingdomkey
Kids on the Slope, tsuritama, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and Moyashimon Returns aren't indicative of the post-Guilty Crown era of noitaminA returning to its roots just a little bit? Really? Kids on the Slope was a themed romance (for jazz specifically) ala Honey and Clover (art), Nodame Cantabile (music), and Paradise Kiss (fashion). tsuritama was about self-discovery and building confidence, just like Princess Jellyfish but for guys and fishing. Natsuyuki Rendezvous gives me Antique Bakery vibes for its theme of moving on. Moyashimon Returns is... well, a sequel to Moyashimon (though it actually seems to be the least favorable out of the recent four, funnily enough).

Remember that noitaminA is actually quite diverse. Heck, Psycho-pass might be a criticism of society's crumbling moral integrity that's less subtle than Eden of the East. Maybe it won't. We don't have enough information about this show to make any reasonable assumptions. We can only be hopeful.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote
Kids on the Slope, tsuritama, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and Moyashimon Returns are all indicative of them returning to their roots, and I have enjoyed what I have seen of them, though NR and Moyashimon R. are getting a bit of deserved criticism. I am showing the dubbed bluray of kids on the slope as soon as it comes out to my parents.

if GEN and production IG really are doing this then that is great, since they probably do what guilty crown should have been but failed miserably at and ended up becoming wasted potential due to a horrible horrible writing crew. I mean seriously who thought it was a good idea to not only bring back the people who gave us code geass r2 but to make the understudy the lead and the lead the understudy.

I am worried about this turning out to be another cash grab by assigning popular names to a series and letting them run wild and unchecked like guilty crown, though it could also turn out like gurren laugen since that was kinda made the same way. if the rumors are true they are let people who have an idea of what they are doing running the show. i just would like to not have any more robots controlled by cat eared girls who bump their controls away with their but while playing bedazzled.

I want something good and qaulity we are not being told anything yet really, but I see some similarities to GC (good or bad)
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I want something good and qaulity we are not being told anything yet really, but I see some similarities to GC (good or bad)

What similarities do you see?Cause it seems to me whenever noitamina decides that they are going to have an original anime that is not a josei.People just start calling it new Guilty Crown!
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:13 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
What similarities do you see?

Well, Guilty Crown was an anime too, right?

Honestly, it baffles me how people already complain about the story and cat ear girls in robots. The f**k, internet? It's a dude with a gun, a still picture at that, surely it must be a crap show. Jesus Christ, it's Production IG and Gen Urobuchi. I'll just sit back and prepare for whatever onslaught of awesome they decide to inflict upon me.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
infiltration.cru wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
What similarities do you see?

Well, Guilty Crown was an anime too, right?

Honestly, it baffles me how people already complain about the story and cat ear girls in robots. The f**k, internet? It's a dude with a gun, a still picture at that, surely it must be a crap show. Jesus Christ, it's Production IG and Gen Urobuchi. I'll just sit back and prepare for whatever onslaught of awesome they decide to inflict upon me.

I complain about her because she is out place, and she is driving a freaking high tech scifi robot by playing bedazzled.
Both shows (at least appear) to be orginal scifi shonen action shows. both have supposed dream team of people working on it (they certainly pushed GC's hard enough). they both seem to use green as their primary color of choice when they are free to chose. the main characters both seem to wear black coats a lot. they are both production IG, and will most likely have amazing animation in addition to excellent music. though IF gen is on it then I assume it will actually have a script that makes sense unlike guilty crown. I could list more but I have breakfest to attend to.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
Please be good, please be good, please be good! ;~;
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Please be good, please be good, please be good! ;~;

we're praying that same prayer with ya.
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Both shows (at least appear) to be orginal scifi shonen action shows.

Not really, have you read the setting for Psycho pass,cause it sounds like very mature seinen anime.While GCs setting is just an average scifi shonen anime.
Quote:
both have supposed dream team of people working on it

Not really scriptwriter for Guilty crown is a really bad scriptwriter if you ask me.And the director is a new guy who has only done one OVA and one movie.One very experimental (from every aspect) and great OVA but just one OVA.
Quote:
they both seem to use green as their primary color of choice when they are free to chose.

No ,what,how did you come to that conclusion.
Quote:
the main characters both seem to wear black coats a lot.

And they also have one nose,two ears and one mouth?
Quote:
they are both production IG

Haven't you heard the news.It is most likely not Productio I.G.,but Wit Studio
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3