• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 2nd Season to Debut on Sci Fi Channel in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
DJTyrant wrote:
I really hope they actually broadcast this in HD, but none of their anime (as far as I know) have been broadcast in HD...oh well :/

Well, if you get SciFi HD in your area, it will be in HD. Comcast in my area just got a whole bunch of HD stations including SciFi... err...SyFy Rolling Eyes and CN. Everything, including the commercials, is displaying in 1080i.

Nice Cool
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quote
Yaaaaaaay! Gundam 00 season 2! I just recently finished the Japanese version and I'm watching the first season dubbed on YouTube! Yaaaaaay! Unfortunately, I can't stay up late enough to watch Gundam 00 on the Sci-Fi channel.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Yaaaaaaay! Gundam 00 season 2! I just recently finished the Japanese version and I'm watching the first season dubbed on YouTube! Yaaaaaay! Unfortunately, I can't stay up late enough to watch Gundam 00 on the Sci-Fi channel.

Thanks for mirroring my situation exactly.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
Why's Sci-Fi gotta change its name to a Polish word that means "crap"? There's nothing wrong with the current channel name!

Kids, if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Agreed, but I think the name change had something to do with them not being able to copyright/trademark the name "Sci-Fi" on a worldwide basis. As they are trying to expand and have the channel in different countries around the world. In their eyes it should still be pronounced the same as sci-fi, and I don't think they know that "Syfy" means "crap" in polish. Because well that would have took time and effort to research. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
sweet now i get to see it dubbed
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
Final-freaking-ly.

Eh, whatever, I guess it wasn't too long of a wait...
cyberbeing

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
DJTyrant wrote:
I really hope they actually broadcast this in HD, but none of their anime (as far as I know) have been broadcast in HD...oh well :/

Well, if you get SciFi HD in your area, it will be in HD.

This isn't true, so don't get your hope up. Sci-Fi HD airs lots of SD programming on their HD channel. A box (SD frame) within a box (1080i frame) with black borders on all sides.

Considering the first season was aired in SD on Sci-fi HD, there is a good chance the second season will also be in SD.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
About time we got word on Gundam 00's second season.
500% agreement. In this market, where anime is being demanded fast and furious and cheap, Bandai really needs to talk more.

Why's Sci-Fi gotta change its name to a Polish word that means "crap"? There's nothing wrong with the current channel name!
Branding like LuckySeven mentioned. I seem to remember reading that they also wanted to get away from the idea that they were a strictly "sci-fi" network too. (Not that anyone who watches them didn't already know that. Fantasy and horror pop up fairly often.)

I'm extremely happy to finally get some word on Gundam 00's second season. I've been concerned for a while now that Bandai might have given up on it or something, given the financial situation everyone but Funimation seems to be in. I absolutely loved the first season and I can't wait to see the second. (Well, I can wait since I'm not watching fansubs but ya'll understand what I mean!)

I hope that the DVDs for the first season will sell well. I'm buying, though I wish they were releasing it in slender box sets from the beginning.

Now, if we can get some positive news on a certain combat butler involving an English dub being made, I'd be completely satisified with Bandai for the time being.
Katsushiro Okamoto

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when they would air the second season. The first one was amazing. Can't wait!
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Finally. :3 *rubs his hands together*

It's about time that the 2nd season went under way.I'm looking forward to it cause although rave master is ok,it's dub version from tokyopop leaves something to be desired.It ain't bad but medicore at best. For that series sake some other company better take the license from tokoypop cause there versions are as bad as 4kids,except with GTO which was great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Katane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
This is great news, this I'm really looking forward to this. I was about to watch it Subbed but I can hold off for the Dubbed version! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2