• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beyblade: Metal Fusion to Debut in U.S. in Fall 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
I remember watching this show a while ago, it was a retively new idea a couple of years ago. But then again, I never knew this was a anime until I became a offical anime a couple of years ago.

But I don't think I'll probably watch this new series. Beyblade was a neat series, but I never really got into the series that much.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:56 am Reply with quote
I have no idea why Nelvana had to change the name to "Beyblade: Metal Fusion" They should have left the title alone. Metal Fight Beyblade is a short name, I see no reason why they had to change the title.

Metal Fight Beyblade is already on its 10th episode as of yesterday in PST. Saturdays @ 4:30 pm PST <---> Sundays @ 8:30 am Japan Time

When I first watched the old Beyblade series "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade" it took awhile for me to get into the first season of the old show. it didn't start getting good till episodes 40+ (well for the first villain to appear + more of a dark tone to it)

When I saw the first episode of Metal Fight Beyblade, I got into it right from the start. The plot is simply amazing, I really think Adachi Takafumi did a good job with it. I'm not kidding, this new Beyblade series will definitely make Beyblade way more popular than it ever was before.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote
Metal Fight Beyblade sounds like broken English. Besides, Beyblade has always been aimed at children, you think Nelvana wants to get in trouble if some over zealous parents don't like having the word "Fight" in their children's TV shows titles?
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
Metal fight Beyblade will definitely attract more attention in the US compared to the old series. I fell that once MFB hits english speaking countries, it get lots of attention. Since Nelvana is involved with the co-production, there won't be many cuts or changes, and from what i've heard, the original Japanese bgm will be used worldwide.
vedicardi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
Can we have an actual noteworthy series debut in the US instead of this shee-at? ;-;
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quote
mmmmm.....somehow I figured this would eventually get picked up by Nelvana,but I can take a wild guess which I'll assume and won't be surprised if this airs on Disney Anime hyper (Formly known as Toon Disney) like they did with Digimon Savers

Beyblade was pretty interesting at it's time,I liked the first two seasons the original and V force but went down hill by it's 3rd Season G revolution (I found that stupid little kid Daichii to be incredibly annoying Mad )
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
game wrote:
Yeah !!!!!!!!!! Beyblade is coming back i can't wait woo!!!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome

Same here.Hopefully Nelvana wont license this one for US release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
vedicardi wrote:
Can we have an actual noteworthy series debut in the US instead of this shee-at? ;-;

So quick to judge, this show is made by Tatsunoko Productions (the company behind Speed Racer, Gatchaman/G-Force, and Karas). And besides, we need shows like this if you want a substainable market. You need shows like this to get children into the fold. And as those children age channels may provide more "mature" series to give them something to watch. And if it really bothers you, you could decide to just not watch it.

jr0904 wrote:
Same here.Hopefully Nelvana wont license this one for US release.

I think you need to read the article. Nelvana didn't license this series, they're co-producing it (the Japanese score, and the opening song have been created by Nelvana staff in Canada). Which means automatically they gain distribution rights to the series as they are an international distribution, and production house. This article was posted because this is the first time Nelvana officially announced the series for worldwide distribution.
excelladon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
game wrote:
Yeah !!!!!!!!!! Beyblade is coming back i can't wait woo!!!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome

sweet me too.
excelladon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
game wrote:

sweet me too.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
i still need to re-watch Seasons 1-3 lol.
animefan000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
mmmmm.....somehow I figured this would eventually get picked up by Nelvana,but I can take a wild guess which I'll assume and won't be surprised if this airs on Disney Anime hyper (Formly known as Toon Disney) like they did with Digimon Savers

Beyblade was pretty interesting at it's time,I liked the first two seasons the original and V force but went down hill by it's 3rd Season G revolution (I found that stupid little kid Daichii to be incredibly annoying Mad )

Apparently G-rev was the Best of the original Beyblade series since it had more blood and death (of Kai that is). And it is mainly for otaku and fan-girls since there were more girls in the series than the last two. And the Heavy Metal Beyblades (which thank goodness were not released by Hasbro) were actually the step up to Metal Fight Beyblade
stormaquario

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
its july 6th i dont know how long its been out but the new beyblades are already being sold b4 it realease at wal-mart and toysrus
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2