• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Space Battleship Yamato Film's Cast Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:12 am Reply with quote
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I'm really more concerned about the new animated series.

I mean, Final Yamato was already enough as it is. In fact, anything after Farewell was arguably too much.

I'll disagree there. Farewell/Arrivederci spawned the Yamato II TV series which was my favourite of all the Yamato/Star Blazers storyline. That said, I didn't mind the follow-on movies, although Yamato III was far too much of a slightly modified rerun of the original series, and Final spoiler[bringing Okhita back from the dead cheapened the significance of his sacrifice in the original series.]

Don't get me wrong, I like pretty much all Yamato anime from the first series to Final. But, they didn't really need any new Yamato after Farewell, as it was, in my opinion, a satisfactory conclusion.

I, too, enjoyed the second series. I even enjoyed New Voyage (to a certain extent) and Be Forever (though some of its plot points fell a little flat, spoiler[like the Dark Nebula thinking they even had to trick the Yamato crew and not just plain destroying them while they could.])

I agree with you on spoiler[Okita's sudden resurrection] in Final Yamato. Even some of the cast and crew seemed a little confused by it. But, the movie was pretty beautiful and was also a fair conclusion to the saga. After something like that, and two "conclusions", I don't think there needs to be any more Yamato.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
michizure

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hajime Saitō Yamato crew member, air calvary leader

Pretty sure you mean "cavalry," not "calvary."
Kronnang_Dunn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2