• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight Manga's Final Arc to Start in January

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
this is a monthly manga, Final Arc will still take years. lol
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
Used to read this, but the rabid, crazy shippers ruined any interest I had in it at all.

This thread reminds me why.
Yugi12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 am Reply with quote
I hope we'll get a third season now that the manga's getting ready to wrap up.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Used to read this, but the rabid, crazy shippers ruined any interest I had in it at all.

I confess, I'm a Zero/Yuuki shipper but I try not to get crazy about it. I wasn't even going to say anything about it until others did and I haven't even responded to the one person who likes Kaname. Gradually, I had to learn to ignore the crazy fangirls,(and try not to become one myself) which can be hard because I want to keep up with all the latest chapters and news. I participated in a forum for awhile but it was really stressing me out. So if you'll still interested, go back to the manga but just ignore the fandom and save your sanity.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Held off on getting the manga for the assumption that they might do a full boxset. They did a partial one before, so I figured I'd wait... Maybe the anime will get a final season too.

Well i have to suspect it might. they did give Inuyasha a final anime season,so i am sure eventually vampire knight will also get one as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

Wait until after it ends. The shippers will scatter once Yuuki ends up spoiler[dying.]
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
No, if anyone dies , I think it will be Kaname. And not because I hate him but because the direction the story is going. As for Yuuki, as much as I would like to see her and Zero together, I can't say I really like her much as a character. She's a stereotypical shojo heroine, maybe not the worst, but enough to get on my nerves.

I just hope she wises up soon but if she ends up dying, especially for Kaname's sake, then Zero is probably better off without her. Basically, I just want Zero to have a happy ending; he's the most deserving, IMHO.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but I think a true happy ending for Zero would be for him to be with Yuuki. Of course the with the way the newest chapter ends...

I don't dislike Kaname soley because he's in the way of Zero/Yuuki. I'm no rabid shipper Laughing But it's how controlling and manipulative he is, especially with Yuuki. He openly admits to wanting to just lock her up and never let her leave (and for awhile that's what he does). Even when he 'allows her' to act on her own, he's constantly watching her. There's caring about the one you love, and then there's being a possessive stalker.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm certain what happened in the last chapter can easily be undone. So I'm not too worried, yet. I think Hino just wants to toy with the fans a little longer. Anyway, if Kaname is serious about his change of plans, then yes, he will have to die. Unless Yuuki manages to get in the way, but then, she's not the most competent person in the story.

And yes, I do want Zero and Yuuki to be together as that would be the best possible ending. And logically, it makes the most sense but the creator likes to keep her fans guessing, so who knows?
Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I don't dislike Kaname soley because he's in the way of Zero/Yuuki. I'm no rabid shipper Laughing But it's how controlling and manipulative he is, especially with Yuuki.

Let's not even consider Yuki for a moment - and yeah, he's a textbook creepy stalker in regards to her spoiler[(heck, even Aido recently yelled at Zero to get her away from Kaname in a momentary slip. Yes, he later tried to recant but he was right and I wanted to hug him for actually saying it).] Look at what he's either doing or allowing to happen to the other people who care about him. Someone enlighten us, pray tell, exactly what are we supposed to like about him again?
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

It's either that for series with romance or power level scaling (often with shonen combat series, just because). >_> It's pretty bad either way.
Nell2999

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:49 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Held off on getting the manga for the assumption that they might do a full boxset. They did a partial one before, so I figured I'd wait... Maybe the anime will get a final season too.

If the anime get's a third season to tie in with how they left off the second season, that would be great. I don't like the ending and it not continuing the way it's supposed to. (I haven't read the manga yet). I mean does Zero actually keep his promise, do they end up married, do they have kids? Guess I'll read the manga now to find out.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Nell, please read our policy regarding necroposts.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2