• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Riding, Roping, and Robots

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
Zade wrote:
Wow, can we get a link to the okami developer firings?

http://kotaku.com/207026/breaking-clover-studio-is-dead
lostinagoodbook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
That Gemini Sunrise drives me nuts. Every time I see her I can't help thinking she looks exactly like Tales of the Abyss character Luke Fon Fabre in drag. Messed up.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Bio Force Ape: Seriously, what? Actually, if this had been released and fully designed to completion, I think a simian wrestler may have been a hallmark character :3

MvC3: Well we've already discussed what characters we'd love to see in this, but let's just say watching Morrigan make out with Iron Man was pretty awesome Anime hyper

Okamiden: Once again, and I'm not ashamed to put it this way, but I know this game will definitely sell for the furries. As for me, I never played the first Okami. I wonder if I should.

Chaos Rings: I might just get this for my iPhone. Heaven knows I need something better than word games.

Nier: So is this really two different games? That's pretty strange. And how typcial one version would be a young man for the Japanese while the other is an older, gruffer guy for Americans.

Record of Argarest War: I think Idea Factory should just stick to Spectral games. At least they don't have embarrasing amounts of fanservice smut of Hillo or Meu.

SSF IV: Being part Turkish myself, I find Hakan a pleasant if not comical surprise.
Epona the Horsey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Since Chris is in MvC 3, perhaps Wesker's not far behind...

I haven't played Okami yet (even though it's sitting on my shelf), but am interested in Okamiden. It's so much easier to make time to play DS games, since they're portable and all. Maybe by the time it comes out, I'll have finished all of my other in-progress games. xD
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Is this column's title a Doozy Bots reference, of all things? Razz
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Agarest looks good.
TheKuchisakeOnna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
yay the sequel to okami i love that game
Shirogane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Does anyone know if, since it's on different discs, whether or not you are able to switch languages mid-game by loading the other disc?

I read that they use separate saves so you can't switch the voices mid-game. If you want to play the English, you'll have to start the English game from the beginning and vice-versa.

I'm glad Sakura Wars got a good review though. It was my most recent purchase and probably the next game I play once I finish Mana Khemia 2 and Valkyria Chronicles (I'm pretty far behind in games). The PS2 version is getting harder to find already, although you can get the English only disc for the Wii.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2 is REALLY different!
You win, Tood.

Also, can't wait for Ghost Trick (and Okamiden for that matter). It has a rather intruiging gameplay premise that seems to be reliant on cause and effect.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote
I finally get to comment on an X button column!

Bought the PS2 premium edition of Sakura Wars 5. When it arrived I was quite giddy with all the extras, and have been thoroughly enjoying it. This bodes well for the release of Toradora!, I like extras.

It has bumped several unplayed or partially played games off my radar (Higurashi Kai Tsumihoroboshi, Mass Effect 2, A second playthrough of Dragon Age (PS3), Kira Kira All Ages, and the White Knight Chronicles, plus several older H visual novels that I just have not gotten to yet)
The dub is kinda hammy in parts, but Laura Bailey as Gemini is really great. I just finished Diana Caprice's chapter, and I am shocked at how the game time piles up, but you do not really notice or care about it.

My one gripe is I wish there were a better save/reload interface, guess I have to RTFM to see if I missed something.
Teh_Das

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 am Reply with quote
I can tell in the background, one of the Marvel characters is DEFINITELY Fing Fang Foom.
TheRoyalFamily

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'll eventually have to get Sakura Wars. I just hate it in Persona games when you have to go dungeon-diving to save somebody from certain death - interrupts my Social-linking Twisted Evil

(And thus FES was a huge disappointment, despite the fact that Aigis was the MC Crying or Very sad )

But Strange Journey's first on the list, methinks. And then it will have to fight with Infinite Space (which I hear pulls some shenanigans, but whatever).
Upstart

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:59 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who got the XTC reference?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2