• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network to Begin Streaming Maid-Sama on June 15

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALPHAKING1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Manga is soooo much fun and I love the show too. <3
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Good news. I wonder if this is means Sentai will license the anime for dvd release? Hopefully!
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I keep forgetting to sign up for Anime Network's site, but I guess this will create a greater impetus, as I've wanted to see the show for a good while. Hiroaki Sakurai at direction is also a big plus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LKK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
If I understand the article right, TAN will always be about 13 weeks behind the Japanese broadcast, yes?
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Gibber wrote:
Emerje wrote:
A little odd that they weren't aiming for a simulcast and starting from the beginning. But then again there's only three episodes left so there isn't much point in trying.

Emerje

It's going to be 26 episodes.

It should only be 13 episodes since Amagami SS is taking over its time slot in July
_V_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard of this series:

Is this particularly good news for Section 23?

That is, was this indeed a very popular series? Or are they sinking a lot of money into a niche title?

Relatively speaking, how good, and how popular, is Maid-Sama?

Well, either way, its good to see them gradually using streaming services more and more, even if kicking and screaming.
west_tx_tapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a premium subscriber on their website, but I do subscribe to their VOD network. They're usually pretty good about airing series on VOD soon after web streaming. I expect I'll be able to see this starting in July or August.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I've been watching this one since it came out. I'll hold off on fansubs until it's on AN.
MUSAWE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
This is not my kind of show at all, but I had no idea that TAN went all the way with the stream-pay model..actually I thought they had died out by now.

I am glad they haven't, this news bit just got them a new subscriber Smile
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Gibber wrote:
Emerje wrote:
A little odd that they weren't aiming for a simulcast and starting from the beginning. But then again there's only three episodes left so there isn't much point in trying.

Emerje

It's going to be 26 episodes.

It should only be 13 episodes since Amagami SS is taking over its time slot in July

No, it isn't, Amagami SS is taking over Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai-hen's timeslot (which means Oofuri S2 will be 13 episodes). Kaichou wa Maid-sama will stay in its slot and air directly after Amagami SS.
Gundampilotspaz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news, Maid-sama was the last quality show from the spring season that hadn't been picked up yet. It's a shame they aren't going to start the run where the broadcast is currently like the fantastic deal Crunchyroll just got for Bleach. But, hell, I'm sure they took what they could get.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Thank you!

Ditto ditto ditto!!!!

Oh, man. You guys are AWESOME! Admittedly I watched the first episode as soon as it came out via f...f-fansubs (don't kill me, please!), but now I can enjoy it legally! <3

Thank you so much! I already wanna buy this series if it carries on like it seems to be. Dub track, anyone?
Jimbobaka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news!

I hope this eventually leads to an official license. This is one of the few shoujo titles that I can readily recommend to all my hesistant anime friends who have yet to experience the magic of Shoujo.

I've been checking the series out via fansubs, so looks like I have to stop and wait for these streams to come piling through the internets.

Seriously praying this gets licensed, I need some Shoujo DVD's to accompany "Honey and Clover." I've been thinking about picking up Nana, but the constant manga releases are already eating up my monthly anime fund...only up to volume 15.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Jimbobaka wrote:
Awesome news!

I hope this eventually leads to an official license. This is one of the few shoujo titles that I can readily recommend to all my hesistant anime friends who have yet to experience the magic of Shoujo.

Took the words right outta my mouth, comrade. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2