• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Strike Witches Sell (Actual) Underpants in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I would so buy these if they came in boxers, though I don't know if I would wear them or not, that's the question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, these would go so well with my Lucky Star shirt. But again with the boxer briefs? Do Japanese boys not hit puberty until their 30's or something? Jeez.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Oh man, these would go so well with my Lucky Star shirt. But again with the boxer briefs? Do Japanese boys not hit puberty until their 30's or something? Jeez.
Maybe they just prefer briefs? You know, to go under the tight jeans? I've not seen a lot of Japanese men in their underwear so it's not a representative sample by any means but I can't say I've ever seen regular boxers, at least not with the younger, more fashionable crowd.* I can say I've seen some in Korean dramas/movies though.

*Whether (or how often) the otaku crowd overlaps with this group, I have no clue.
Donpablo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote
nyarine wrote:
Donpablo wrote:
Oh~ these will definitely get me the ladies! .... Laughing

I can see just see it...

She beckons you to join her on the bed, half-undressed and looking willing. You take off your shirt, showing off your six-pack abs and strong arms. After walking to the bed and hopping on beside her, she slowly unbuttons your jeans and languishly pulls down your zipper. In her eagerness, she quickly yanks down your pants.

And she is suddenly greeted by the appearance of Sanya V. Litvyak staring back at her with all her moe cuteness.

"..... WUT?"

To which you respond, "They're not underpants, so I'm not
embarrassed!"

I see someone understands me Laughing
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Hey Mune, there was a slight "goof" on your post. The panties that you mentioned actually came with volume 6 of Shuffle, not vol. 7.

Since there are only 6 volumes of that particular show (in the US).

Anyhow, I probably would not get these underwear either.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I MUST HAVE THE YOSHIKA ONE

Anything with my waifu on it I must buy. Including these.
vega427

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote
It is imperative that I aquire these!
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quote
I think I would be LESS embarrassed buying Batman tighty whiteys. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I know that I shouldn't be surprised by things anymore, but this doesn't just cross the line; it takes a flying leap.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Maybe they just prefer briefs? You know, to go under the tight jeans? I've not seen a lot of Japanese men in their underwear so it's not a representative sample by any means but I can't say I've ever seen regular boxers, at least not with the younger, more fashionable crowd.* I can say I've seen some in Korean dramas/movies though.

Confused

They prefer briefs? But...But they're so constricting. Why would any guy prefer that? I mean reproductive reasons aside (briefs lower sperm count), they're just plain uncomfortable after the body has *ahem* fully developed. I'll admit that I do wear spandex shorts for work, and they're quite tight, but I'm only wearing them 4 hours at a time and it's not like I want to.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
They prefer briefs? But...But they're so constricting. Why would any guy prefer that?

Is that not occasionally intended? Through adequate constraint, facilitated by purchasing garments of the appropriate size, undesired jostling of parts can be prevented.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Running Wild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Why is this news?

Btw Strike Witches is garbage and is everything that is wrong with Japanese anime today.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:03 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
They prefer briefs? But...But they're so constricting. Why would any guy prefer that?

Is that not occasionally intended? Through adequate constraint, facilitated by purchasing garments of the appropriate size, undesired jostling of parts can be prevented.

Well, I have known people who wear briefs when they wear dress pants, so I guess that works. HOWEVER, you would not wear these at a fancy party where you'd be required to wear dress pants. These are casual wear. Meaning men are actively wearing briefs around the house because they want to. I'm suffocating just thinking about.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
HOWEVER, you would not wear these at a fancy party where you'd be required to wear dress pants. These are casual wear. Meaning men are actively wearing briefs around the house because they want to. I'm suffocating just thinking about.

Why not? No one will know. Next time you see a guy with a cocky smile at a dress party, realize that he's thinking "No one here knows I'm wearing my Strike Witches underwear. Heh. Heh heh heh..."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2