• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsume's Book of Friends Gets 3rd TV Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorbal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
This makes me a little happier than perhaps an anime should, but anime has been depressing me lately with it's general suckiness.

spoiler[I can't wait to see Matoba and Natsume dressed like a god.]

Last edited by gorbal on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
Holy shit! That completely makes my week. Awesome potato.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
This makes me somewhat ecstatic. This show is my favorite streaming crunchyroll show and my most wished for R1 license.

Actually, it makes my top 10 favorite anime list. The only show on my list that has no physical media release. Will someone please license this?!?!?

I wonder if this new season will be running in the NoitaminA block like the previous seasons did?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

I wonder if this new season will be running in the NoitaminA block like the previous seasons did?

Actually, the previous seasons are not noitaminA (although I agree that they fit the mood of the time slot perfectly) and since the summer noitaminA shows have already been announced (No 6 and Bunny Drop I believe) it probably won't.

*fingers crossed for another simulcast and a license*
gorbal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Actually, the previous seasons are not noitaminA (although I agree that they fit the mood of the time slot perfectly) and since the summer noitaminA shows have already been announced (No 6 and Bunny Drop I believe) it probably won't.

Does that mean this is coming out in summer? I hope so, it would be the perfect summer show.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

oops. You're right. my bad.

I keep wondering why it hasn't been licensed R1, since it seems it was a very popular Crunchy show, and so many of the comments were about how they would buy it if it showed up on DVD.

I can't really see it getting a dub, though. It doesn't seem like the type of a show that Funimation would license. They did license Mushi Shi, though, so you never know. If it did get a dub, I think casting Madara/Nyanko-sensei would be a challenge. Kazuhiko Inoue did a fantastic (and hilarious) job. It would be hard to match his performance.
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! That's awesome!
Taiyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah! I hope that Crunchyroll nabs this season, too. (Followed by a company that'll let me have this wonderful series on DVD, but that's really wishful thinking.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Increible news! Natsume is easily in my top ten favourite anime, and I lapped up every episode when I discovered it was on crunchyroll. And like others are saying, this series NEEDS to be distributed in Region 1, and I would love to hear a dubbed version as well.
batou37

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote
This is just absolutely the best anime related news I can remember in a long while. This has been my most wished for anime property continuation since I became a fan of anime in general. I also agree that it's R1 release should happen as soon as possible. Natsume is my go to series whenever I need something to relax to or to serve as a bit of a pick me up after a rough day, as everything about it (characters, artwork, and even music) accomplish that so well. I even went so far as to import the CD from CdJapan for about $60 all told. I would have imported the DVDs too but they had no subtitles. Squid girl yesterday and this today....it has been a great week for continuation announcements.
Sentire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Increible news! Natsume is easily in my top ten favourite anime, and I lapped up every episode when I discovered it was on crunchyroll. And like others are saying, this series NEEDS to be distributed in Region 1, and I would love to hear a dubbed version as well.

I would count this in my top ten as well. This is one series I definitely want to add to my collection, but I do have reservations about watching a dubbed version. I guess I'm just afraid of being let down... since I so much enjoyed it subbed. What if the dub disappoints? In any case, I'm totally thrilled to hear of a 3rd season. This is the best anime news I have heard in such a long time.
toyNN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Surprising! I think we all love this anime but that often isn't nearly enough to have more anime episodes produced. Written in the Ika Musume announcement that the producers were waiting to see how well DVD sales went...which I'm sure is true. I would think Natsume, as good as it is, might not get the needed DVD sales for another season. Happy I'm wrong!

Yeah and if CR doesn't get this simicast I'd be surprised.

jmfsilenthill wrote:
Elves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:38 am Reply with quote
Freakin' awesome news!! Very Happy

I like this current trend (at least that's what it seems like to me) from Japan that they're making continuing/new seasons for series which were in "hiatus" so to speak. Maybe Japan has finally gotten convinced that followers will come back to watch without needless filler episodes. (I'm also thinking of Magic Index when I say this.)

I can't wait for more Natsume, and as many others have said/asked... Can we please get a R1 release on DVD from someone? Cruncyroll is awesome and all, but I want this show on my shelf!
gerbilx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quote
Life. Is. Good.
gorbal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
Surprising! I think we all love this anime but that often isn't nearly enough to have more anime episodes produced. Written in the Ika Musume announcement that the producers were waiting to see how well DVD sales went...which I'm sure is true. I would think Natsume, as good as it is, might not get the needed DVD sales for another season. Happy I'm wrong!

Yeah and if CR doesn't get this simicast I'd be surprised.

Per volume averages by studio (list made before DRRR!! came out)

Quote:

Brains Base
10316 *5 Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
10240 *5 Natsume Yuujinchou
*5703 *8 Kamichu!
*4713 *4 Spice & Wolf II
*3389 *8 BACCANO!
*1922 *6 Kurenai
***** *9 Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
***** *6 Innocent Venus

(I can't directly link to the source for some reason so I don't know if I can name it.Sad)

It also sold a lot of merchandising. - You can by Nyanko -Sensie everything in Japan.

Last edited by gorbal on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3