• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Devil Is A Part-Timer! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote
Wait, but he's spoiler[been promoted], right? Doesn't that make spoiler[the title of the anime wrong already?]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
Gee, now why didn't I ask that question on the previous page?

OH WAIT, I DID.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
not sure what people are talking about, just because he was promoted doesn't mean he's stopped being a part timer.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
not sure what people are talking about, just because he was promoted doesn't mean he's stopped being a part timer.

And he thinks he's getting a raise too, even if he hasn't gotten his first paycheck yet. "A Level staff" is just a fancier way to say he's worth more than poor Chi.

Still a part timer. Still a devil. The title still stands.

Fun stuff, I loved the production design on the Other world side {much better than Aestherics of a Rogue Hero at world building} and while I've seen "aliens on Earth" comedy before, I've never seen one get so into it. I'm glad they didn't make him a "I'm so very evil" overlord, still hearing him say "Prrepare to meet your doOOom!" as he lowered the fries into the oil will be missed.

Ok, I'll say it; He's more an overachieving geek than demon lord. Still pretty funny. But I kind of thought the heroine {I figured out that much at least} was the manager. Pity, I think that would have been funnier.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
I'm liking this one already. The first couple of minutes were good (and very much like the beginning of Kotoura-san, not what I was expecting at all) and it just got better and a lot funnier after that. Apart from that bit with the fryer, another thing that I thought was funny was that Alsiel was worried about spoiler[how Earth was going to change him after seeing how Maou was behaving after he got his job] Laughing
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Ghost10516 wrote:
Wait, but he's spoiler[been promoted], right? Doesn't that make spoiler[the title of the anime wrong already?]

Blood- wrote:
Gee, now why didn't I ask that question on the previous page?

OH WAIT, I DID.

Ah the ignorance of my fellow Americans. Smile Permanent does not equal full-time. It's a status of your contract or work status. Temporary versus Permanent, full-time versus part-timer.

So he's still a part-timer, just that he's now on a permanent contract and gets a raise and probably more security in the job.

Last edited by Riddley on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
@ Riddley - you've given Ghost10516 MY quote.

*slaps Riddley*

In any case, thank you peeps for clearing up the permanent/full-time distinction. Kinda reminds me of that lyric from Gold Digger:

He got that ambition baby look in his eyes
This week he mopping floors next week it's the fries
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Riddley - you've given Ghost10516 MY quote.

*slaps Riddley*

In any case, thank you peeps for clearing up the permanent/full-time distinction. Kinda reminds me of that lyric from Gold Digger:

He got that ambition baby look in his eyes
This week he mopping floors next week it's the fries

MY TERRIBLE APOLOGIES! I have corrected this most heinous mistake.

And yes, he got ambition haha.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I absolutly love this show. So much better better than I thought it would be and i already had high hopes for this show. this one's a keeper
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote
I'm loving it so far, for all the reasons everyone has mentioned, and I hope they can keep it up.

But I was kind of thrown by the line about "applications cost money too!" They do? You have to pay to apply for a job (or for the applications) in Japan?
Noctis313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first episode
it will be a nice replace for ixion saga Smile
rheiders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
Pretty ridiculous and fun. It just kind of takes the wacky concept and runs with it and doesn't really care what people think, which I like. Maou's first attempts at Japanese were pretty hilarious. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
>Alright, why were you two fighting?
>I was trying to kill him.

Oh God this series is hilarious. Emilia seems to have spoiler[lost her powers as well based on this episode and boy, was she annoying or what. Surprisingly though, I think she found a job although I have no idea how she did that.]

Oh and by the looks of things, spoiler[Chiho definitely has a thing for Sadao]. It's almost written on her face. The rest of this episode was funny too with Emilia spoiler[stalking him]. Lol, this series just bought a big smile to my face today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[
flashback show after satan-maou & his sidekick left to portal hero emi decide to chase them so lead to now emi attack satan with mini knife?

which got two meet cops with assume they are bf & gf so after HMM emi-mood face let satan go & next day emi work as a customer call center agent person with fine living of sorts.

so emi go satan's place give she chased them also low on magic as well give she was to had back-up but arrive alone so satan blah how i take over japan with mc-ronald fast food.

emi go sneak watch satan from eggs buys, bath time, etc to satan's work job after day work with chi mention earthquake with satan meet with emi.

how if want to return esta isla give satan plan to return then out of nowhere magic sniper shoots appear target both satan & emi so after escape it.

now emi stay night at satan's place give then a text satan got more earthquake will come.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Yeah this is pretty much my favourite new series. The best bit was when Emilia tried to spoiler[get into their place by doing things like threatening to kick the door down. Failing that became increasingly desperate and threatening to get wild (makes you wonder what she was before that), then started to beg and broke down into tears]. Laughing

Sadou's (Satan's) evil plan was hilarious for how utterly ambitious it is, as if becoming a full time employee would make people bow down to him. Interestingly he put Maou as his surname, and Emilia put Yusa as hers, hearing these names certainly reminds me more of a certain couple. Chiho is cute, and it looks like someone is targeting her because of how close she is to him. Not that he seems to be quite aware of it, but she also looks to easily become jealous. The episode preview seems to imply he spoiler[will go on date with her], although it probably won't happen I like the sound of them as a couple.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 30