• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Plans Attack on Titan on Home Video in 2014

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Funi also planned to release guilty crown in 2012.....Its halfway through 2013 and we're only now hearing about it. I don't expect this until mid 2015 tbh

To FUNimation's defense, the release schedule for Guilty Crown in Japan wasn't finalized at the point the show was announced. There was no way they could have released it in 2012 given the fact the last Blu-Ray wasn't due in Japan until last November.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Shock of the century, Funimation gets on the boat so late it's already back in port and about ready to start a new voyage
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Very happy to hear this and will certainly buy it. One of my fave titles from the Spring 2013 season.
bunnyfoofoo05

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Please don't cast Greg Ayres as Eren

THIS. IS. MY. NIGHTMARE.

Seriously, as soon as I started thinking about the future dub, all I could hear was Greg Ayres ala Deadman Wonderland saying Eren's lines, and a little part of me died inside D:

I honestly do not know a lot about the ins and outs of voice acting, but if I could pick someone for Eren, all studio loyalties aside, it would probably be Brad Swaile (because he can do "yelling teenage boy" without making me cringe.)
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
So some time in Dec of 14 for it release
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
bunnyfoofoo05 wrote:

I honestly do not know a lot about the ins and outs of voice acting, but if I could pick someone for Eren, all studio loyalties aside, it would probably be Brad Swaile (because he can do "yelling teenage boy" without making me cringe.)

Interestingly enough...

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/335960897900146688

Quote:
When asked if Brad will be in more FUNimation anime in the future, Funi replied "Stay tuned for some interesting news coming soon." #acen

Take that as you will though.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Good on FUNi! They had not had many exciting releases the last year and a half (aside from Steins;Gate). Attack on Titan will only add to the exciting lineup they have for the second half of this year with Fujiko Mine, Roberta's Blood Trail and Eureka Seven: AO.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, though I'm not watching the series, I hope it works out for Funi. Though between the production breakdowns and the manga readers' skepticism that the anime won't end well, I hope it doesn't turn into a trainwreck in which all the fans are too disappointed to buy.

Though in the "What about <unrelated other anime they've licensed>?" department, I have to wonder about 2011's We Without Wings, which is approaching the 2-year anniversary of its license announcement with no release date in sight. Are we going to see that in 2014? 2015?

CCharmanderK wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
FenixFiesta wrote:
At least it was not somehow snatched up by Sentai Filmworks and we get discs with huge audio issues and a devil may care dub job.

In what world has this ever happened?

Kids on the Slope, Angel Beats, Clannad, Highschool of the Dead, take your pick.

Also, I know a lot of you might roll your eyes at this, but I'd love to see AOT aired on Toonami.
Hey now, that approach worked for HotD. Though some other Sentai efforts like Demon King Demon King were basically rushed subtitle script readthroughs.
bunnyfoofoo05

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:

Interestingly enough...

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/335960897900146688

Quote:
When asked if Brad will be in more FUNimation anime in the future, Funi replied "Stay tuned for some interesting news coming soon." #acen

Take that as you will though.

Shocked No. Way....

Excuse me while I stalk Funimation's home page for the next year...
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

Though in the "What about <unrelated other anime they've licensed>?" department, I have to wonder about 2011's We Without Wings, which is approaching the 2-year anniversary of its license announcement with no release date in sight. Are we going to see that in 2014? 2015?

the subscriber schedule says the show is going up for subscribers next month on the 4th. i guess that's something.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

Maybe they finally got a good look at it and placed it on the forever-backburner? They're FUNi, so they're obligated to dub it.
glitchhunter

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Cool~

I'll definetly buy it, as long as the anime doesn't end up screwing with the manga storyline.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
That's so long to wait... UGH!
xFiveBoltMainx

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
as long as it's in bluray, i'm in.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Uh how about a God dam release date for High school DxD? Its nice you announced the release date for a show that is not even finished, but how about announcing the release date on a show you have been sitting on for close to a year.

Honestly between Sentai and Funi, sentai is easily the better company. Funi delays everything, Index, Railgun, Zombie of the Dead, Guilty Crown; I mean the better question to ask is what did they license on time. And I own at 10 Sentai releases and have issues with none of them, and they are released on time. Whoa.

Oh and lets not forget Funimation stand up move of releasing things on dvd , saying no blu ray release will occur, people buy the dvd, and then a year later, hey here is a blu ray release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4