• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Free! Swim Team TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I imagine we'll be hearing a Sentai license soon.
It's quite possible, but not a lock like past series have been. Previous international rights holders for KyoAni titles not named Munto were either Kadokawa Shoten or TBS. While Kadokawa licenses to both Sentai/Funi, TBS has a really good relationship with TBS going back to work as ADV. Any TBS show was guaranteed to go to Sentai barring something weird happening.

Free!'s rights are held by Asahi Broadcasting Corporation though. This may be the first anime they've held rights to (many other TV series though) as I've not seen any other title they've had the potential to have rights. It's up-in-the-air as to whether they'll license to Sentai or one of the other companies. Again, I think it's quite possible and probably will happen, but it's not a guarantee like past series.

(I highly doubt Funi would attempt to license it personally)
Rivailloli

DukeNukem3DO wrote:
I'm not trolling I'm sick and tired of the show that this show is getting attentions for no reason other that to appeal to the worst fanbase in the anime community next the the moe fanbase

your username is based on a shitty game thus your opinion is invalid.
why don't you screw off back to 4chan where you all can cry about how the fujoshi are oppressing you poor little male anime fans.
Myaow

I'm sorry that people liking a show about naked hunks has ruined your day DukeNukem3DO :'(
fencer_x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3DO wrote:
ugh its bad enough this was made but crunchyroll is going to stream this fujoshi bullshit

You sound butthurt

are you butthurt?

Are you maybe angry at the fujoshi community because the shows they like remind you of how butthurt you are?

These are just some questions you should file away in your neckbeard to ruminate upon.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3DO wrote:
I'm not trolling I'm sick and tired of the show that this show is getting attentions for no reason other that to appeal to the worst fanbase in the anime community next the the moe fanbase

I'm so sorry to hear that. Laughing Laughing
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
DukeNukem3DO wrote:

Worse than the moe fanbase?

Is that possible?!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:

You sound butthurt

are you butthurt?

Are you maybe angry at the fujoshi community because the shows they like remind you of how butthurt you are?

These are just some questions you should file away in your neckbeard to ruminate upon.

I say it is more the common tendency of the male fujoshi-hater--hating fujoshi because they are directing their desire towards guys who are not him. In other words, intense jealousy. This, indeed, explains why so many male anime fans hate yaoi--intense jealousy at how all the pretty boys are "stealing women that I believe should be having sexual intercourse with ME", as effed-up as that sounds.

Last edited by Chagen46 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I say it is more the common tendency of the male fujoshi-hater--hating fujoshi because they are directing their desire towards guys who are not him. In other words, intense jealousy. This, indeed, explains why so many male anime fans hate yaoi--intense jealousy at how all the pretty boys are "STEELAN OUR WIMMINZ".

But don't male anime fans prefer 2D anime girls? Laughing
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

I say it is more the common tendency of the male fujoshi-hater--hating fujoshi because they are directing their desire towards guys who are not him. In other words, intense jealousy. This, indeed, explains why so many male anime fans hate yaoi--intense jealousy at how all the pretty boys are "STEELAN OUR WIMMINZ".

But don't male anime fans prefer 2D anime girls? Laughing

THOSE kinds of anime fans are just straight-up women-haters in general. Fujoshi give them a target to lump all female anime fans into. However, I would say that they still subconsciously are jealous of bishies and yaoi guys and the like. It's a deep, ingrained-in-at-the-instinctual-level thing in guys.

What I'm talking about are the more "casual" anime fans who you'd find on a place, like, say, MAL or the CR forums. Guys who mostly read mainstream shounen and stuff. They're the most vocal haters of yaoi.

Last edited by Chagen46 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I can think of obvious reasons for not wanting shows to be filled with homoerotic imagery. Of course, if that's the reason for the season, that's another aspect entirely, and you can't condemn it at that point.

Here's my question. Is this series going to have anything to it other than "Oooh, boy on boy action!" Is it actually going to represent the sport of swimming? The plot actually bears some resemblance to Hajime no Ippo, only with swimming instead of the sweet science of boxing. There might be a good premise here, but if all it ends up being is an excuse to pander to fujioshi as opposed to making an actual show that fujioshi like due to the characters, then I'm sorry, there is a legitimate gripe.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This is not even a yaoi series. Therefore, I expect very little in the way of homoerotic things to actually happen, especially when Japanese TV apparently is REALLY strict about homosexual themes.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Ok, then I don't see the problem. I guess my concern is whether it would be a series about swimming that just happened to have attractive guys, or a series about attractive guys in fanservicey situations that just happened to have swimming.
Kamui The Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait! As a swimmer myself, I'll be interested to see how it all plays out. I can wait to see Rin's Fly, that's my swim!
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I'll be watching this. This is going to have way too much exposure to possibly ignore, whether its good or bad.
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Thank you, Crunchyroll! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5