• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Senkō no Night Raid Spy Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Reverse my words a bit; why would I call it crap? Because I was disappointed. Who wouldn't say that to something that offended them?

Ohhh this show offended you? I have say now this series is really piquing my interest.
Resu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Japanese doing a story about a Chinese city during WW2.......... that can't be good. Laughing

WW2 didn't start till 1939. Unless I'm mistaken, this is set in 1931.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:

Why not license something... I dunno, "good"?

(Not that I'm complaining about Highschool of the Dead or Daimao)

The contradiction here made me laugh! Daimo was an utter train-wreck Razz

Anyways. Meh, I got bored with Night Raid pretty quickly. After its "super controversial OMG it can't be shown on TV!" episode turned out to just be boring and uninteresting, I just sort of let it go.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The contradiction here made me laugh! Daimo was an utter train-wreck

Difference being that Daimao was "fun". Night Raid... well, thank god House of Five Leaves, a similar brooder, went somewhere.
DRWii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Meh. Not really excited for the series itself (I dropped it after about 6 episodes), but now that 2 of the "Anime no Chikara" shows have been licensed, I guess I can start crossing my fingers for a release of "Occult Academy" (hopefully on Blu-ray).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Resu wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Japanese doing a story about a Chinese city during WW2.......... that can't be good. Laughing

You're correct; I got the dates mixed up. Still, during colonization of China......... can't be good. Laughing
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
So THIS gets dubbed and NOT Sora no Woto? Boo! But oh well. I'm glad that Anime no Chikara's titles are even getting licensed, even if they weren't all that popular as everyone says. Now if only someone will license shows like Natsume Yuujinchou or Madoka Magica or Aoi Hana or Tokyo Magnitude 8.0!
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So THIS gets dubbed and NOT Sora no Woto? Boo! But oh well. I'm glad that Anime no Chikara's titles are even getting licensed, even if they weren't all that popular as everyone says. Now if only someone will license shows like Natsume Yuujinchou or Madoka Magica or Aoi Hana or Tokyo Magnitude 8.0!

So-Ra-No-Wo-To(sorry I love this ver the best!) - Dubbed? Yes.

Natsume - License? Yes.

Madoka? No.

Aoi Hana? Maybe.(more so Wandering Son)

Tokyo Mag. 8? Yes, but.... it won't happen for a while...
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
Quote:

So-Ra-No-Wo-To(sorry I love this ver the best!) - Dubbed? Yes.

Natsume - License? Yes.

Madoka? No.

Aoi Hana? Maybe.(more so Wandering Son)

Tokyo Mag. 8? Yes, but.... it won't happen for a while...

Tokyo Mag 8, yeah because of the Tsunami.

And those license wants sound a bit difficult to reach right now. How about: Sasameki Koto,Chu-Bru,B Gata H Kei and(Crosses fingers) Ladies VS Bulters?
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:

And those license wants sound a bit difficult to reach right now. How about: Sasameki Koto,Chu-Bru,B Gata H Kei and(Crosses fingers) Ladies VS Bulters?

No one is going to license Chu-Bru it was bad. If LvB would get licensed I think Media Blasters would get it, it fits their release profile. I doubt anyone would get B Gata H Kei (Though I would like it for my collection).

Having not seen Sasameki Koto, so if it did Sentai would probably get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Resu wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Well, the Second Sino-Japanese War started July 7, 1937, even if it was not considered part of the world war until fighting broke out in Europe ... but same idea.

Hope Sentai breaks even on this one, but not enough to help them do it by buying it.
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Reading through the comments on this (and this isn't directed at every comment so chill), it's not a surprise anime over here isn't doing so good. When something fresh/new comes out, you instantly pick out all the bad traits rather than the good ones and jump all over the same rehashed bullshit we've seen time and time again. I rather enjoyed Night Raid, glad to see it getting a release over here.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Reading through the comments on this, it's not a surprise anime over here isn't doing so good. When something fresh/new comes out, you instantly pick out all the bad traits rather than the good ones and jump all over the same rehashed bullshit we've seen time and time again. I rather enjoyed Night Raid, glad to see it getting a release over here.

Right. And the company would pick up something like Night Raid, certainly, what with Tytania and Kampfer on their catalog. I also love the fact that they don't give real gems like Asatte no Houkou barebones treatment.

Buddy, count yourself "one of those guys".
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
Quote:
Reading through the comments on this, it's not a surprise anime over here isn't doing so good. When something fresh/new comes out, you instantly pick out all the bad traits rather than the good ones and jump all over the same rehashed bullshit we've seen time and time again. I rather enjoyed Night Raid, glad to see it getting a release over here.

Right. And the company would pick up something like Night Raid, certainly, what with Tytania and Kampfer on their catalog. I also love the fact that they don't give real gems like Asatte no Houkou barebones treatment.

Buddy, count yourself "one of those guys".

One of those guys, eh? Care to elaborate?

Also Asatte no Houkou was decent but nothing to go crazy for. Though that's just a matter of opinion. I'm sure you feel the way about Night Raid and such.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Resu wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

It actually deals with how the Second Sino War (which was a part of World War II) started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4