• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 TV Anime Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES ! YES! YES! YES! YES! I am intersted which song are they going use for ED,I am hoping that it is something by King Crimson.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote
Although I'm not too surprised about this, I am very happy and excited!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES ! YES! YES! YES! YES! I am intersted which song are they going use for ED,I am hoping that it is something by King Crimson.

Might have to wait for a couple of parts for that.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
Well, I, for one, am pleased. Smile

The signs were all there for the show to continue where it left off plus the DVD and Blu-Ray sales were good in Japan from what I hear.

This season should go for a full 51 episodes considering the length of the manga. I know that there are a LOT of stand users in the manga but some are weaker than others meaning that 2 battles could be concluded in one eppy.

Now I am going to go tell my friends on Facebook about this. They should be EXTREMELY happy. Very Happy
xBTAx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect more than 26 episodes, which should be all they need. Stardust Crusaders is pretty repetitive so they could really cut it down without too much trouble.

Hopefully they'll keep the same voice actors from ASB, since I'm a big fan of all the main characters' voice actors. Otherwise... I'll watch it eventually, but it really is one of my least favorite parts.

I just really hope they get to do the rest of the parts as well, given that 4's my favorite...
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
I wish it was a new team (Stardust Crusaders is one of my favorite mangas ever), but I'm glad they finally announced it. Not saying David didn't do a good job, but I was expecting them to go all out for the most popular arc in the series.
Maciste

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Pardon my ignorance, but is the "22/12/13" we can see in the image supposedly the air date?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
xBTAx wrote:
I wouldn't expect more than 26 episodes, which should be all they need. Stardust Crusaders is pretty repetitive so they could really cut it down without too much trouble.

The OVA has already done that. Besides, part 3 is the arc that gave Jojo enormous popularity in Japan in the first place. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if David Productions decided to extend this arc for all it's worth.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
about time; hopefully they cut down on a LOT of the villain-of-the-week stuff they did in the manga. Seriously, there's a reason the OVA cut out more than a dozen Stand users.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
Maciste wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but is the "22/12/13" we can see in the image supposedly the air date?

Wouldn't that be December 22, 2013? I doubt they would start a new TV series right at the end of a season, unless they just aren't following the "season" rule.

It might be the date when they reveal more details about the project or something like that. If that's the case then I hope they surprise us and say that they plan to air it in January.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
xBTAx wrote:
Hopefully they'll keep the same voice actors from ASB, since I'm a big fan of all the main characters' voice actors. Otherwise... I'll watch it eventually, but it really is one of my least favorite parts.

I just really hope they get to do the rest of the parts as well, given that 4's my favorite...

There's no doubt that they are keeping the same voice actors for ASB so there's no worry about that.

Me too. Almost done with Part 4 and I'm loving it! Very Happy

I'm hoping to see more of a fanbase grow into getting a license over here but:

1. I'll see how the sale of ASB is going enough to get one.

2. If whoever gets the license has the money to keep everything the way it is so we don't have to deal with name changes especially Viz's XP
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
about time; hopefully they cut down on a LOT of the villain-of-the-week stuff they did in the manga. Seriously, there's a reason the OVA cut out more than a dozen Stand users.

Yes, there's also a reason why the OVAs were nowhere near as fun as the manga.

Some cuts are ok with me though.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Maciste wrote:

Wouldn't that be December 22, 2013? I doubt they would start a new TV series right at the end of a season, unless they just aren't following the "season" rule.

It might be the date when they reveal more details about the project or something like that. If that's the case then I hope they surprise us and say that they plan to air it in January.

I'd say this winter season may be a bit too soon for Jojo's part 3 especially if it is more than 26 episodes. Considering that they've only confirmed it now, they'll probably just reveal more info on December 22. Spring 2014 is more likely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
Dec 22 is the 2nd day of this year's Jump Festa. Probably get more information revealed there. Or, some JoJo related stage show on the Jump Super Stage.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Maciste wrote:

I'd say this winter season may be a bit too soon for Jojo's part 3 especially if it is more than 26 episodes. Considering that they've only confirmed it now, they'll probably just reveal more info on December 22. Spring 2014 is more likely.

Might be or actually when it's going to come out since we haven't heard anything about Stardust Crusaders until recently. The list for Winter 2013 anime hasn't came out yet so I say we just wait until then. They're going to release more information about it way before the December anyways so let's just see what news we get until then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3