• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online II's July Premiere, New Visual Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iCards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Shiggity wrote:
No news of Tomatsu Haruka (aka Yuuki Asuna) coming back? Sad I R Saddest.

Asuna dosen't have a big part in this arc. It is basically a Kirito solo mission that Sinion gets caught up in when she is trying to explain to Kirito GGO's mechanics since he is used to ALO's.

The LNs have a trend of pairing Kirito with a new partner for every arc. It's not romantic pairings, he and Asuna are still happy together, but just a new face to add. Instead of sticking with an established group all the time. Even in the arc where Asuna is the main focus, SHE gets a new partner of her own.
TUSF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
We don't really know if it's going to be just the Phantom Bullet arc though, do we? I hear that when the first season aired, they didn't officially announce the Fairy Dance arc, until the end of Aincrad.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
iCards wrote:
Shiggity wrote:
No news of Tomatsu Haruka (aka Yuuki Asuna) coming back? Sad I R Saddest.

Asuna dosen't have a big part in this arc. It is basically a Kirito solo mission that Sinion gets caught up in when she is trying to explain to Kirito GGO's mechanics since he is used to ALO's.

The LNs have a trend of pairing Kirito with a new partner for every arc. It's not romantic pairings, he and Asuna are still happy together, but just a new face to add. Instead of sticking with an established group all the time. Even in the arc where Asuna is the main focus, SHE gets a new partner of her own.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification Smile
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
i'm surprised there is no hater post on SAO topic.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I really like Sinons design. Cannot wait for this.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for this one, GGO was one of my favorite arcs. I have no idea how they plan to make a full series of it though, unless they add in a lot of filler episodes or something, because in terms of pacing GGO should take no more time to complete than the Aincrad arc, perhaps even considerably less. Have they confirmed that it's a full 24 episode season rather than a 12 ep season?

I just hope they get around to the Alicization arc.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Really I could care less about this mainly because the second half to the first anime was so bad and fell so hard from how the first half went. The first half of the first series was great and I would much rather have had the series just continue exploring Aincrad yet the first half just ends and then came the second half. Man was the second half bad especially how they made Asuna go from awesome bad ass being one of the best players in the game taking on end level bosses to a damsel in distress held up in the tower archetype which is pretty insulting to her. So I might get around to watching this series but it is not a priority on my to do list.
Wandato kyozo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
I can't wait for this one, GGO was one of my favorite arcs. I have no idea how they plan to make a full series of it though, unless they add in a lot of filler episodes or something, because in terms of pacing GGO should take no more time to complete than the Aincrad arc, perhaps even considerably less. Have they confirmed that it's a full 24 episode season rather than a 12 ep season?

I just hope they get around to the Alicization arc.

I suspect there will be SAO filler in GGO. Especially when they did not release an OVA explaining anything related to Laughing Coffin from SAO (which will be the subject matter of GGO).

As for Alicization arc... wait 2 more years :3
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
sano1221 wrote:
It will be explained why Kirito's character looks feminine now. It's part of the story.

Well, looks like we won't be getting a "Sister complex" love-interest this time, then. Rolling Eyes
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Kirito is playing girl character while he online, should be actually a shocker. IRL people do that, guys being girl characters and girls being men and so on. Not like their getting romantic or anything, there properly going be comic moments, but it shouldn't be big deal.

Follow the manga if your not sure.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Kirito is playing girl character while he online, should be actually a shocker. IRL people do that, guys being girl characters and girls being men and so on. Not like their getting romantic or anything, there properly going be comic moments, but it shouldn't be big deal.

In fact, in the first episode, when the players first find themselves "trapped" with their avatars stripped, a few of the other "girl" players find themselves in an embarrassing situation.

Here, there should be some humor, but think it's more about Kirito having to think past the battles and learn to be more sensitive in his relationships, like the big real-world "reveal" about Leafa in the second half of the first series.
spoiler[(Which I thought played more like the producers covering their behinds about the otaku onee-chan incest-fantasy fanservice.)]
Ramstiam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
This seems intresting! Look forward to it! The light novel was great. And just thinking about alicization being animated makes me shake of excitment! (But that will obviously take a while)

But one thing! If I remember it right, wasn't it that he played while looking as a girl, and not acually being one? I remember it like he got the game character who looked as a girl, (but was a male) throuh luck when he entered the game (he decided to get a new charactar, with random looks). And someting about the ratio for getting that charactar was almost impossible?

Could be wrong, but it's someting like this i remembering it =)
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I really like the character designs, if nothing else. I do plan on watching this, especially if it's only 12 episodes.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Traprito is hot. But normal Kirito is pretty hot too so that's to be expected.

Now, as Reki Kawahara has shown that he actually is gaining writing skill, I will watch this. I kinda want to see a Japanese take on an FPS.
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:38 am Reply with quote
Guys, I believe it's stated in the LN that the Seed package had it hardcoded to check your psychological gender orientation and lock your avatar to that gender only. At least, I assume it checks the psychological and doesn't make you touch something to check, because it evidently makes mistakes. Justification being something to do with long term effects on your mind from having different stuff down below. It was apparently half the reason Kayaba changed everyone back first, since they'd be stuck in the body for quite a while.

However, the guys who made GGO had a trap avatar that looks like a female model but is still male enough to qualify as male. And RNG was an asshole.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2