• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Soul Eater Not! & Riddle Story of Devil

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 am Reply with quote
I'm still hoping that Soul Eater gets a remake. I thought it was fantastic and ran out of steam around the second half. I still liked it enough to buy the whole series on bluray, but it could use a "Brotherhood." NOT seems interesting, but reviews of the manga made it sound like a slice of life series, which isn't really my thing, but I'll have to give the series a shot.

Random, but tangentially related, Ben-to is still just streaming from Funimation, so I really hope that gets a bluray release some time soon. I really had a ton of fun with it.
jlaking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
Random, but tangentially related, Ben-to is still just streaming from Funimation, so I really hope that gets a bluray release some time soon. I really had a ton of fun with it.

FUNi did announce that Ben-To will be release to the home market, no word if that means DVD-only or not.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Couldn't they call it 'The Devil's Riddle'?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Couldn't they call it 'The Devil's Riddle'?

Hehehe, you would think that, but that Riddle Story of Devil is already part of the main title! Interestingly enough "riddle story" is an actual term.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty worried that Akuma no Riddle is going to be one of those series that FUNi licenses for streaming but never releases physically. Besides, even if they do release it, it'll be years from now. Ugh, I really don't like how FUNi operates, honestly. I wish CR would've gotten it, then maybe hopefully a Sentai release. But nope.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2