• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sword Art Online Novel 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUSF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Zac wrote:
Kinda like how if there's an excised episode of a TV series that comes out on DVD (like with the original Gundam) that everyone knows about, it's all people will ask about until it's addressed.

It's different, because 16.5 was never in any official release of SAO.

And like c933103 said, the only place it was available (while it was up) was in a restricted section of the author's site, that could only be accessed by people who knew the direct URL.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
It's a shame that adaptations stick so closely to the original work these days. As someone who likes to consume a lot whatever I like I don't want to just keep reading/watching the exact same story over and over. It also cuts off a revenue stream because I'm only going to buy said story in one medium. (usually which ever I encounter first)
Student no.0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I am looking to buy this solely to support LN localizations. Though it appears to be out at my closest Barnes&Nobles...must have sold fast. And they said LNs don't sell.

Sadly since no B&N is nearby me I had to order it from rightstuf, you could try amazon too though.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
I found mine at Chapters, lol. But then again, they might be out of stock because I got there the day after they got them in and he had to go to the warehouse for me.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
"Don't mention this thing everyone mentions when they talk about the SAO novel, that everyone interested seems to already know about and focus on, because then people will focus on it".

I guarantee you the first post in this thread would've either been a joke about it or asked if it were included in the book, and then all the following posts would also have been about it. Once people get it out of their system, the discussion can move on, but telling the writer he just should've pretended it didn't exist is silly.

We should all be glad that its not the review of the fairy dance/ALO storyline otherwise those that are griping now will be in full complain mode when its released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
why? Complain about something that you don't like is such a meaningless thing.
daishi808

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Zac wrote:
Kinda like how if there's an excised episode of a TV series that comes out on DVD (like with the original Gundam) that everyone knows about, it's all people will ask about until it's addressed.

Kawahara said it was cannon when asked by a fan at his Sakuracon 2013 panel. (Not that it makes it any better). Looked like the question caught him off guard that anyone asked about it so he was kind of reluctant to give the answer.
TUSF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
daishi808 wrote:
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Zac wrote:

Kawahara said it was cannon when asked by a fan at his Sakuracon 2013 panel. (Not that it makes it any better). Looked like the question caught him off guard that anyone asked about it so he was kind of reluctant to give the answer.

I think i remember reading that question.
He didn't say it was canon. Not that story in particular anyways.
daishi808

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
TUSF wrote:
I think i remember reading that question.
He didn't say it was canon. Not that story in particular anyways.

maybe i misheard him. didn't go back and read the transcript.
Chibi Musashi

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
daishi808 wrote:
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Zac wrote:

http://youtu.be/HwKDGzvRbEM?t=8m4s
He doesnt specify if its canon or not. Judge by yourselves.
And now to the topic at hand... I can't discuss anything because I don't live in the first world, so access to the novels is hard... except as it was already said, wtf is aincard.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
TUSF wrote:

Quote:
Aincard 1 has all three

It's "Aincrad" (do the editors even read the forum posts though?)

That's what I was noticing. The picture of the cover spells it as Aincrad just in case someone thought the book spelled it differently. Might want to fix the 3 uses of "Aincard" in the review.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2