• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Terror in Resonance Second Promo Reveals Cast, Theme Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
The production quality in that promo looks amazing, and the story is looking very promising (as much as I wanted to see a straight-up terrorist story instead of what looks like another "trained/brainwashed as a child…" one). Personally disappointed to see FUNimation get the streaming rights and not Crunchyroll, since I don't subscribe to their Elite service (Hulu and CR are enough to be paying for and are available on more devices) and their Hulu posts are done a week later and in SD only. It would be nice to see another AoT-type of joint simulcast, again…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The production quality in that promo looks amazing, and the story is looking very promising (as much as I wanted to see a straight-up terrorist story instead of what looks like another "trained/brainwashed as a child…" one).

Ehh there a lot of stories with brainwashed child terrorists??
Moreover,I don't think these children are acting like terrorists,because they have been brainwashed.It seems as though they are doing it because they escaped brainwashing.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:
The production quality in that promo looks amazing, and the story is looking very promising (as much as I wanted to see a straight-up terrorist story instead of what looks like another "trained/brainwashed as a child…" one).

Ehh there a lot of stories with brainwashed child terrorists??
Moreover,I don't think these children are acting like terrorists,because they have been brainwashed.It seems as though they are doing it because they escaped brainwashing.

I was grouping them more in the vein of "trained child killers/soldiers/weapons/etc.", hence the encompassing descriptor. It has been visited upon a number of times and in a number of ways (as a main element or part of character's background) in shows like Noir, Gundam 00 (plus others in the franchise), Monster, El Cazador de la Bruja, CANAAN, Valvrave, Gargantia, etc. Though broad, I feel that type of angle has been visited enough over time to feel a little shopworn in some aspects.

The critique, though, was more of an extension of the story apparently having a more "fantastic" background for the boys and their actions, instead of a more grounded and "real world" one, which I think would be fresher and even more interesting. That said, I don't want to go any farther than that for now, not until more clear info is available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2