• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comcept's Red Ash Game Project Funded by FUZE Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
If they're gonna do that, there's no sense waiting till the last minute. People are more willing to put money and back a project when they know it's definitely going to happen. That's why there's always a rush of fence-sitters the moment right after something hits its goal.

*shrug* I think its a wash. If they wait till the last minute, there's a known quantity to finish out with minimum overpay. The tradeoff is some measure of people that are going to hold and see how it goes. (considering comments in this thread, you've gotta wonder if there are people that won't bother asking for "refunds" if it looks like the KS won't go through, so I don't know if the "final rush" gains will offset that) If Kickstarter didn't take a cut, I'd agree, but since KS gets a percentage of any money put in, you'd theoretically want to put the LEAST amount that you could. In that sense, if they put in $300k now, that's $15k going to KS off their payment, each $100 they spend "costs" them $5, so depending on the math it may not be worth it to reach for late gains (any more than necessary).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2