• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lance N' Masques (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I just watched 4 episodes. It wasn't as bad as I expected. Makio is adorable so I am going to keep watching.

Also I think the horse is actually just a horse. Her girl form seems to just be a human manifestation of what she is thinking.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Is Shirohime a horse girl or not? It seemed to finally put it to bed this episode that she is just a horse, but the preview of what is happening next episode shows her as a girl (not just in the foreground). Well honestly the mask gag was funny, that a horse wearing a mask might somehow be able to fool anyone.

It was bugging me at first who that new girl was, before remembering that she was that one that called him a pervert.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
^
You know, I was actually hoping the series went full weird and had Shirohime go to school with the mask on and have absolutely no one notice. Even better if there was a romantic subplot which finally ends in the last episode with Shirohime sadly removing her mask and revealing she's a horse.

Also, what happened to the main character getting his dad's lance? Did it have to go back to his dad? I feel like I missed something. Very possible with how many introductions there were in this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
HelloBucket wrote:
Also, what happened to the main character getting his dad's lance? Did it have to go back to his dad? I feel like I missed something. Very possible with how many introductions there were in this episode.

It is like a power up he only gets when he needs it, not sure where it went though, wherever the coffin it came in is.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Prior to this episode I was pretty certain that Shirohime is just a horse. Now, again, I'm not entirely sure. She was talking and others were reacting to it. My money is still on her being just a horse though.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
episode five

For some reason I keep feeling like the show is going to get dark on me but then it never really does. I'm kind of disappointed with this because it feels like the show needs something besides Makio slowly building an increasingly irritating family. It feels like they keep tacking on more and more one-note characters instead of developing any of the ones they have.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Okay, I laughed at the mother thing. The stabbing from the sword though did take me by surprise.

But the physical punishment thing, it looked like Yufeng had trouble discerning what is right or wrong, I can't quite say that horse whip is the way to go. The saying she should die thing was a bit strong, especially since that kid has been a huge pain who does not seem to have been set straight yet. He kidnapped a civilian and tried to shoot someone, before whining about why would someone want to hurt him. Or is Yuyan a girl?
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Or is Yuyan a girl?

They could be another horse!
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
episode six

Having all the characters naked and in one place just further exacerbates my problem with trying to keep them all separate.

On the plus side, another character is officially on the 'in' about the whole Knight Lancer secret. One less character to hide that from can only make the... story?... stronger.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
I am kind of disliking the maid, her violent punishment just is not funny. It felt like the other girl was right when she said for him to do what he wants and stopped being pushed around.

It really feels like this show half-asses it with moral code and thinking that the opposite is entertaining.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:17 am Reply with quote
I want to dislike this but the horse keeps being so stupidly funny I can't. The horse was on a bus this episode and no one even bat an eye.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Some good fights and some bad fights. Alice and Yuyan working together to beat that Chinese looking guy was ok and the fight between Yoriko and chief was pretty good. Yoriko got some development as well, I kind of like Yoriko now.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:39 pm Reply with quote
How did the horse get there? Wasn't the horse tied to a tree or something? How did it even know where to go? Is the horse actually the final boss and just waiting for an opportunity? Is this why it hates Alice so much in the next episode previews? And most importantly: why is still so cute it's been 9 episodes this should've stopped being funny already.

Also that science guy fight was awful. Really strong dude with an attitude getting defeated by rookies I'm okay with, but not like that. Christ. Also, bringing a gun to a lance fight is just not cool, Silvia.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
^

I dunno. Watching someone getting defeated by a headbutt to the stomach by someone smaller than them might have been the funniest thing all episode, though I'm not sure that was intentional.

Also, if the chief is really dead (and somehow I doubt that's the case), are we ever going to figure out why she was so obsessed with Yotaro? Then again, as things stand now this makes as much sense as anything else in the series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
The mind of that guy:
Oh no, she is not moving, that must mean she is totally dead and not just unconscious. Since I totally saw this as a result if they fought and did piss all to prevent this from happening, now it is time to murder two other people.
Because that fits into what this show set up as important for knights. Chivalry.

The master guy being beaten by two inexperienced kids using a rock and a head-butt was silly. What was she, Gohan?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3