• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can You Survive? Anime Marathon Challenge: Nov. 6th thru Nov. 15th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:17 am Reply with quote
Ok here I go, US EST.

Katanagatari: Episodes 1-2, Episodes 3-4, Episodes 5-6, Episodes 7-8, Episodes 9-10, Episodes 11-12. End
Planetes: Episodes 1-2, Episodes 3-5, Episodes 6-10, Episodes 11-14, Episodes 15-18, Episodes 19-26. End
Arakawa Under the Bridge: Episodes 1-3, Episodes 4-6, Episodes 7-9, Episodes 10-13, Episodes 14-20 (S2, 1-7), Episodes 21-26 (S2, 8-13) End.
Serial Experiments Lain: Episodes 1-3, Episodes 4-6, Episodes 7-10,

Last edited by One-Eye on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 32 times in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
I was going to head to bed but I figured what the hell get a jump on the anime. Just got done the first 4 episodes of Black Lagoon. It was like saying hello to an old friend you used to tear it up with but you haven't seen in a while. Cool
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:17 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching season 1 (episodes 1-13) of Fate/Zero with a small break in the middle to watch Real Time on HBO. I think I will wait till tomorrow to start season 2.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 of Fate/Zero (14-17)earlier this afternoon. I'm taking a break to watch some football but will probably finish Fate/Zero by this evening.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Well between my break at work and sitting here since 8pm (unusually slow Saturday, I let the kennel staff go by 8:10 and I was done by 8) waiting for the ON person to show up I managed to power through episodes 5-8 of Black Lagoon. Glad I finally got my damn Funi subscription to work so I could use their app while here. Got the dvds at home. I need to turn over some laundry before the ON person gets here so I'll post my thoughts on the episodes when I get home.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
I just finished up watching Fate/Zero (episodes 18-25). I'm taking another football break right now. I'll post something in the discussion thread then decide if I want to start something before bed.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote
Well, I decided to watch the first 4 episodes of Black Lagoon before bed. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow (or rather later today) when I am more awake.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
So I finished season 1 of Black Lagoon (12 eps). I decided to switch it up a bit but stick with some action to start the marathon. So I blazed through High School of the Dead (12 eps) last night/this morning.

Next up I plan to watch season 2 of Black Lagoon and I think the next shows I will tackle after that will be Ghost Hunt and Bubblegum Crisis. Been wanting to get to Ghost Hunt for a bit now and I had almost watched it for Halloween. Glad I didn't as now it works out perfectly. I also have been itching to re-watch Bubblegum Crisis since I got the new BluRay discs just a little while ago. Haven't seen the original in years (watched Tokyo 2040 recently) so it will be nice to see how it looks on BluRay and how I feel about the show all these years later.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Next up I plan to watch season 2 of Black Lagoon and I think the next shows I will tackle after that will be Ghost Hunt and Bubblegum Crisis. Been wanting to get to Ghost Hunt for a bit now and I had almost watched it for Halloween. Glad I didn't as now it works out perfectly. I also have been itching to re-watch Bubblegum Crisis since I got the new BluRay discs just a little while ago. Haven't seen the original in years (watched Tokyo 2040 recently) so it will be nice to see how it looks on BluRay and how I feel about the show all these years later.

My roommate and I are, I think, through about episode 3 or 4 of BGC (yay for the pretty BD sets~!), so we'll probably finish that one off after RahXephon, and then I'm gonna show her Scrapped Princess.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Well in that case BGC will be next up for me heh. I'll watch it along with season 2 of Black Lagoon and then get to Ghost Hunt or Nadesico.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I finished season 1 of Black Lagoon (episodes 5-12) this afternoon. I'll probably start season 2 later this evening.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
If you allow Tokyo Ravens, I'd be up for this since I have the whole series on me in physical format. I just creamed through the first seven episodes of the series today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
and then get to Ghost Hunt or Nadesico.

I would recommend Ghost Hunt more, while Nadesico isn't bad it has a serious habit of forcing a lot of otaku insider jokes every chance it gets, so much so it gets distracting. Also if you're not into 80s pop idol music don't expect the soundtrack to be appealing. If you can get past all that jump into the movie when you get the chance, everything is dark and shiny!.... Somehow.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo Ravens Episodes 1-7 thoughts are posted. Will try getting around to seeing more of the series throughout the week and hopefully plow through more titles where I can.

And as a heads up, I am in US EST for time zone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Well since I was trucking along with Black Lagoon already I watched episodes 1-3 of season 2 tonight as well. That'll be it for me tonight. Gonna read some to wind down. Tomorrow after I get home from work I'm going to start BGC.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6