• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shizuoka Muslim Association Runs Anime Video to Promote Mosque Construction Campaign in Sh

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SybeR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
wow, for the last 8 years i had an account here, this is the first time i find myself angry enough to write a comment.

as an israeli, i must say that i find this video offensive and outrageous. using the palestinian-israeli conflict, and the situation of the poor people of gaza as a one-side buchary for funding money is just not acceptable, and for sure won't get us any closer to peace.

i'm not sure if you should've published this item in first place. considering the other campaign of this organization showing israel and the states as butchers and nazis.

but, despite how i feel about this video, i wish good luck with funding the mosque.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Personally I hope they don't meet any greater success with this campaign.
ZoRo99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Chrysostomus wrote:
You can always count on the liberal ANN moderators to disdain such retrograde concepts like "free speech" in favor of supporting religious ideologies known for their excellent human rights records.

Freedom of speech is overrated as hell. It gives {Now, now, there's no need to be provocative. ~nobahn}
majidjoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Hands up for Japanese muslim community.
I live in Japan and I see Christian society receives enormous funds from government, while muslims continue to pray in private houses, and Japanese government.

this could really raise some attention.

nicely done,
GDFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Shizuoka Muslim Association

This organization is most likely ran by, or at least funded by the Muslim Brotherhood, as are most mosques in the US.

They are discreetly destroying independent cultures, histories, and all ways of life that don't adhere to Sharia law. They wish to create a world government based on their religious beliefs.

Japan desperately needs to look at what's happening in European countries taking in "asylum seekers." I thank God everyday that there is a vast ocean between the US and Arab nations. Although they will find their way here soon.

Go ahead and censor this post ANN. Barack Hussein Obama, a Muslim Brotherhood sympathizer, will thank you.

This is not "hate speech" Errinunda. I certainly don't believe all Muslims are aligned with the Muslim Brotherhood, but the ones who are pose a significant threat to the entire world, including our beloved Japan.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:

This organization is most likely ran by, or at least funded by the Muslim Brotherhood, as are most mosques in the US.

You have any proof of that or are you basing your entire argument on this conjecture?

GDFan wrote:

Barack Hussein Obama

I didn't know there were still people who threw out his middle name like it's Voldemort.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Conspiracy nuts don't rely on proof. They rely on a gut feeling. A certain truthiness if you will, where if their prejudice lines up with what they're saying, then it must be true.
rashaz66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Tbh I genuinely expected this article (as I do with any article concerning Muslims) to have some eye raising comments attached to it, but just wow. We all have to realize that there is a fine line between criticism and bigotry, and a few people have definitely crossed it. i definitely don't mind criticism, I encourage it since it can be the start to healthy and polite dialogue, but outright insulting people because they choose to follow a certain faith is just messed. I'm happy that ANN doesn't tolerate this kind of behavior because ANN is one of my my favorite websites to check out and I like to think of other anime fans as nice and accepting people. If you want to hate on me because of what I choose to believe in, than go ahead. You surely have a lot of free time on your hands.
rashaz66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Also, this is an anime news site. Doesn't matter if someone is liberal or not, that's not what we're hear for. I hopefully speak for most people when I say if you want to discuss your ideas on someone's political beliefs or controversial topics that are prone to start flame wars like religion that please take it to another website that is meant for that kind of discussion.
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:02 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
GDFan wrote:

You have any proof of that or are you basing your entire argument on this conjecture?

How do I prove to this community what your own government doesn't want you to know. Here's one video you should take seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxNPvns7nU

GDFan wrote:

Barack Hussein Obama

I didn't know there were still people who threw out his middle name like it's Voldemort.

Interesting that you removed all relevant text to that quote, as most rational Americans would have understood the reason for bringing up his middle name.
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
We're done.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2