• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Shirobako Part 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IkarusAnime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I just watched a snippet of it, but unfortunately I can't find a decent source to watch this (with English subtitles or dubbed).
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
IkarusAnime wrote:
I just watched a snippet of it, but unfortunately I can't find a decent source to watch this (with English subtitles or dubbed).

The entire series is streaming on Crunchyroll. There isn't a dub though, and there will not be one.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Tons of stuff for me this week! Picked up the Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! Bluray, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Season 2 BD Limited Edition, Free! Eternal Summer + OVA BD Premium Edition, Love Live! School Idol Project - Season 1 Standard BD and finally Love Live! School Idol Project - Season 2 Premium Edition.

Love Live is my favorite anime and I spent the entire weekend marathoning the dub and I must say NISA did an absolutely AMAZING job on the dub, from Nico's "Nico Nico Ni" to Rin's "Nyaa" every character did a perfect job retaining their spirit in the dub and I can't imagine ever rewatching it any other way, perfect job NISA thank you so much! Anime smile

I also got the Free! Eternal Summer Premium edition last week and I spent a couple days watched the S1 dub on crunchy roll as its the only place to officially watch the dub (Really hope it gets a dubbed bluray release from disctotek) and the dub was wonderful! Started S2 earler as well. Super beautiful premium edition from Funimation. The artbook was full of wonderful artwork and the gloss water effect on the chipboard artbox was a really nice touch!

Now that I have the UBW S2 LE I cant finally start UBW so I look forward to finally watching it and then watch Illya S2 at another time Anime smile

Nice to hear positive things about Shirobako I'll probably get to eventually but 24 ep and being sub only gives it very low priority as I dont enjoy japanese va/subs at all. Maybe it'll sell well enough for Sentai to rerelease it with a dub as they have with titles past Anime smile

Fantastic release week all around!
Gta0012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
My gf LOVED Shirobako! I found it very lighthearted and entertaining. I used to work in film/tv so it was fun seeing how similar anime productions are. I don't its an anime where you really have to feel for a character or fall in love with a specific character for it to be enjoyable. It's just a light and fun watch about a group of friends doing their best in a tough industry.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Paul I say you go ahead and watch the Dub premiere of Dimension W on Toonami I'll be doing the same and it's pretty easy to dodge spoilers if you put your mind to it hell I waited a month to go see Star Wars The Force Awakens and didn't get one thing spoiled. Wink
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Paul I say you go ahead and watch the Dub premiere of Dimension W on Toonami I'll be doing the same and it's pretty easy to dodge spoilers if you put your mind to it hell I waited a month to go see Star Wars The Force Awakens and didn't get one thing spoiled. Wink

I was going and am going to wait to watch the show until the dub shows up on the Funimation website which I guess will only happen the day after it appears on Toonami because... the internet is slow for exclusives and moves at the speed of television? Sure, I could DVR it but I could also illegally download the whole thing so... yeah.

The more they try to do, the more they don't get right. There were enough dubbed shows from 2015 to get me to subscribe but the first season of 2016 has been something of a trial. But I am watching a lot of 2016 shows... can't say "enjoying", just "watching".

Wait, did I mean "2015" shows? I'm fairly certain I meant last year.

Shirobako: Great show and seen it but it's sub only home release and there's no need to ever watch it again. I'd love to see a continuation to find out if Aoi ever learns what she really wants. Sure, her club had two animators, a voice actor and a writer and Aoi was just their cheerleader and they had no one with a single vision to lead them, the one who has the final word? But that notion doesn't come up until the second half; The first half is just an introduction to the job for the new Production Assistant. Aoi's the one who wanted to join the industry without any particular goal or role in mind and spoiler[of course, she's the one who has the most success].

But the way the show does it seems a realistic progression for her... no, not really. But that's a discussion for part two.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I definitely agree with Shirabako being tough to get into. I had a lot of trouble keeping track of who was who and who does what, and I'm fairly familiar with anime production. I do have that trouble with ANY anime with a large cast, however. I also have no idea who is who in Drrrr for the most part and I rely on Hope to explain everything week-to-week, and I'm losing track of minor characters in Haikyuu.

I watched three eps before dropping Shirobako when it was a new show streaming (I think the week-long gaps didn't help with my memory, haha) but I'll probably give it another shake someday.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:07 am Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why they decided not to give Space Brothers a dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2