• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami to Air JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime Starting in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Call me pucci because I just went to heaven. Hopefully this grows the Jojo fanbase so we can see some more merchandise in the US.
nubguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
Well this is awesome news! I really hope that they are able to keep going and dub the entire series and not just Part 1. Such a good series, it really deserves it.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
Does that mean One Piece is gone? Because there's no way they can air this and Samurai Jack in the fall unless they extend the block or cancel One Piece..

Expansion's always an option, plus what's dubbed of DBZ Kai so far is almost at its broadcasting end.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Well I'll be damned. I guess this will replace One Punch Man.

It will following its conclusion. OPM's only 12-13 eps. I probably won't watch this given that the early parts of the manga are kinda boring and when stands got introduced and the storyline took off from there. Toonami will air at least Parts 1 & 2 but 3 or 4 are doubtful at best given Part 3 has some really objectionable stuff in it.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Here in Canada we got nothing! Well, I guess we have that Iron Man Madhouse anime lol.

The problem with long running shows is that if ratings go bad, the block goes tits up. That or the show needs to be cancelled prematurely. I honestly think 24-50 episode shows are ideal.
lLuffyl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
You thought it was JoJo on Toonami but it was me, DIO!

In all seriousness, I'm hyped. I only recently got into Jojo. About 3 or 4 months ago. I'm on Part 7 and it's just a magical series. I'm hyped to see it air here, and hopefully that brings us some new Jojo fans!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:

Now for the real question: Will they be able to get the TV rights to Roundabout???

--------> TO BE CONTINUED

Even if they were to get it we all know it'll be shortened and probably get the same treatment Naruto and Bleach's ending got.

Ziko577 wrote:
Toonami will air at least Parts 1 & 2 but 3 or 4 are doubtful at best given Part 3 has some really objectionable stuff in it.

It doesn't really have any legitimately objectionable content except excessive violence. Some of which was removed in the anime anyway like the Senator running over all those people.

AngryMoM wrote:
Call me pucci because I just went to heaven. Hopefully this grows the Jojo fanbase so we can see some more merchandise in the US.

Yeah I'd pay good money for a shirt with Jean Pierre Eiffel & Silver Chariot. Or a custom made version of Akira's guitar with Chilli Pepper Emblazoned on it Razz
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

The problem with long running shows is that if ratings go bad, the block goes tits up. That or the show needs to be cancelled prematurely. I honestly think 24-50 episode shows are ideal.

JJBA part 1: only has 26 episodes

That's nowhere near naruto, HxH or One Piece length. Which 100+ episodes. And they've been running Naruto & One piece for awhile now
Barbobot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect them to cut One Piece for the fall. Do people already forget that the last show on Toonami's current block is just a re-airing of Parasyte that is already halfway done?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:

Now for the real question: Will they be able to get the TV rights to Roundabout???

--------> TO BE CONTINUED

I don't think they have to--Time Warner owns both Adult Swim and the Roundabout song.

Felicity dash wrote:
JJBA part 1: only has 26 episodes

That's nowhere near naruto, HxH or One Piece length. Which 100+ episodes. And they've been running Naruto & One piece for awhile now

Well, Parts 1 and 2. I think Part 1 is 9 episodes, and Part 2 is 17.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
This series is probably as far away from my usual anime tastes (and I love pretty much everything) so that's saying a lot haha Interested to finally see what this series is all about though.

I just hope HxH doesn't get pushed back even later. With OPM it was moved from 12:30 to 1am. HxH and the dub is so good and those blurays can't release fast enough but it's painful waiting for only 1 ep a week and the later the harder it makes it for me.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Williams Street buys episodes in chunks; they don't buy the whole series all at once.
(Whatever it is, whether Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece, etc.)
They'll only keep buying so long as it makes sense for them ratings-wise.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully after JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is finished Toonami shows the later series because that would be awesome. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2