• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Screaming and Fighting: The Gundam Pilot Quiz

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, having embarrassingly only watched Build Fighters, IBO and a bit of the (New) Unicorn (so yeah, basically the only really recent ones, you can smirk and giggle), I'm pretty happy with 8 but at least this quiz has got me motivated to start the task of going through the franchise.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:06 pm Reply with quote
This was pretty easy for those of us who watch Gundam. Though when I had even a little doubt (haven't seen couple of them yet) the styles gave it away like someone else mentioned...

Quote:
Well, having embarrassingly only watched Build Fighters, IBO and a bit of the (New) Unicorn (so yeah, basically the only really recent ones, you can smirk and giggle)

Don't worry about it, I watched a few of the ones set in the Alternate Universes up until just last year when I desperately wanted to watch Unicorn and didn't understand anything.

And now... somehow I'm waaay too into Gundam but yeah it's never too late to catch up if you want to.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:59 pm Reply with quote
What helped was that most of the series have a distinct style of there creation era, the only thing that might have tripped up a viewer is if they choices were of more secondary characters with multiple choices in the same era.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
G-Saviour need a remake in Anime Format based on the light novel which is better than the live movie script
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
G-Saviour need a remake in Anime Format based on the light novel which is better than the live movie script

Honestly, Sunrise should just go whole hog with G-Saviour & remake all of it. The Drama CD prequels, the movie story, & the PS2 game sequel. Could likely be done as a 12/13-episode OVA, even.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
AkaRed wrote:

Honestly, Sunrise should just go whole hog with G-Saviour & remake all of it. The Drama CD prequels, the movie story, & the PS2 game sequel. Could likely be done as a 12/13-episode OVA, even.

They're too busy milking the already emaciated OYW era to bother. Late UC is not as much of a moneymaker compared to that. They would've animated Crossbone Gundam already.

Anyways, yeah this one was really easy that even the most casual can get a good score. Would've been harder if it featured the MS's they pilot considering MC Gundams commonly share the same frame and color scheme.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
Funny how looking at art style, picture quality and series names listed alongside the characters' names could help me to get a hundred percent on this quiz. For added context, I only have a passing familiarity with Gundam and have only watched the 0079 movies.
Junjo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the family restaurant Wagnaria!! from the manga and anime series Working!! is still successful in the not-so-distant future. Fans are wondering if Sword Art Online and Working!! exist in the same universe or if the reference is merely a little joke since both anime series share the same character designer, Shingo Adachi.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Not sure why I took this as I've never seen any Gundam. Got 9 right out of dumb luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrescentWolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I got 12 of them right, mostly because I haven't seen every single Gundam series, yet anyway, I want to change that this year.

I'm currently rewatching the original Mobile Suit Gundam and I'm just gonna continue from there.
scarletrhodelia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
The quiz isn't showing up for me. The page is empty except for the article title and links. Is it already closed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2