• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Princesses Still Waiting in Another Castle

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Who is Villager B?

It's a joke, pairing the main character with a completely forgettable background participant who appeared for only five seconds to mention something. XD
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of Puppet Princess. I'm somewhat curious now.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
As much as I love and support NaruHina, the one and only OTP of Naruto is Shikamaru+Temari

This. I was disappointed to see the poll was all about Naruto x ___ rather than what other OTPs were your favorites. I don't really care who Naruto ended up with.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Wow, I have never heard of any of these series! Very, interesting, great list.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
HeeroTX wrote:
As much as I love and support NaruHina, the one and only OTP of Naruto is Shikamaru+Temari

This. I was disappointed to see the poll was all about Naruto x ___ rather than what other OTPs were your favorites. I don't really care who Naruto ended up with.

Thirded. So I voted for Karin, just because I always thought she should've ended up with Sasuke--for her benefit and his misery. Razz I also always liked the idea of Sai/Sakura, if only because she was the only character who even tried to talk to him and understand him when they first became teammates.
DanQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quote
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:
Puppet Princess remains one of my all-time favorite OVAs! It's everything Lynzee writes about, but what makes it truly shine is Princess Rangiku herself--steely one moment, disarmingly sweet--innocent, even--the next, and how her flip-flops keep her ninja retainer constantly off balance.

Rangiku was really amazing character, but in combo with Manajiri, they're perfect – funny and deadly pair par excellence. I wish they have some another adventure, but I like it as it is... small, pefect story about some unimportant princess and unknow ninja master… Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:29 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Gonna be honest, i liked Princess Lover a lot, even tho the VN was better... Which doesn't happen often. Rolling Eyes

the problem is that for some reason, companies have decides that adaptating light novels and non ero visual novels are the main cash cow instead of adaptating ero games and ero visual novels into non ero TV series. that was much a given considering how much people didn't like the non ero tv series of shuffle. its why ero mangas haven't even been adaptated into non ero series too. otherwise ero manga series like swing out sisters would have gotten one already

its more or less goes to show, not every ero manga or game/visual novel cant have the same popularity as those type moon series,specifically the fate stay night series.

Also the other problem for this series is that its OVA alt retelling are full blown hentai which is why this series didn't get any central footing within the main harem otaku community who doesnt like full blown hentai which is ashame considering how its pretty decent harem series. though with the current standout of the harem genre right now, any chances of princess lover coming to the US is almost slim to none unless media blasters and its hentai sister company kitty media decides to license them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
As far as the poll goes, I'm so happy Naruto and Hinata got together.

I haven't followed Naruto in years, but Sakura did not deserve him, since she was such a punch-happy ungrateful volatile brat.

And yes, I know Naruto's mom was like that too, and I HATE THAT AS WELL.

I am so SICK of heroines who keep punching their purported "love interests!" It's so overused and misandry, and that's why I despise Love Hina; Keitaro should've called the cops on those women a LONG time ago.

So yeah, NaruHina for life.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Outlanders, how I wish this became a TV series, instead of an OVA. Still I have the western style comic manga.

Yeah. I still remember this one.

I'd pick this up again if it ever got rescued.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
Comet-san had an Animax English dub under the title Princess Comet.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:28 am Reply with quote
I think the funniest part bout "Princess Lover" is during the final TV episode, spoiler[Teppei is given a blow job or hand job by Charlotte].
LadyKuzunoha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I remember seeing promo clips for Puppet Princess a long time ago on one of my old, old DVDs and thinking back then that it looked interesting and I should get a copy. So of course I completely forgot about it until now. I'll have to follow through on adding it to my collection one of these days.

I went with Hinata for the poll, but I had a good laugh at all the joke options, especially Ramen Guy and Villager B.
PMDR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
One of the notable things about Outlanders is that Kahm was voiced by Hirano Fumi, much better known for voicing Lum in Urusei Yatsura, who was also an alien princess in love with a commoner Earthling. Hmmm

Kahm and Lum are more or less the same sort of character, except one one is much more violent and prone to end up naked every third issue.

Hirano was in a lot of other things, notably Galient and Layzner, always turning in an excellent performance. So she must have dodged being typecast.

The Outlanders music was done by Wakakusa Kei, who mostly recycled his music from L-Gaim and three or four other things he did. Very typical for him. The man LOVED raiding his own music library.

Had the anime been made NOW or within the last 10 years, it would surely have been at least a short run series instead of the OAV. Shame it got made too early.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
Thanks for that. Shame about that though, there is still a ton of source material out there.

In the vein of things that will never happen now, still wish Caravan Kidd and Drakuun: Dragon Princess Army got animated. Loved that Dark Horse brought them all over.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:05 am Reply with quote
If I really wanted to express how I disliked the NaruHina ending, I would have to go on a long rant that pretty much could get me banned.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:34 am Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
As far as the poll goes, I'm so happy Naruto and Hinata got together.

I haven't followed Naruto in years, but Sakura did not deserve him, since she was such a punch-happy ungrateful volatile brat.

And yes, I know Naruto's mom was like that too, and I HATE THAT AS WELL.

I am so SICK of heroines who keep punching their purported "love interests!" It's so overused and misandry, and that's why I despise Love Hina; Keitaro should've called the cops on those women a LONG time ago.

So yeah, NaruHina for life.

Looking at it from a different view point, perhaps a much older one, this is a form of "slapstick". We could have easily had Moe arrested from the Three Stooges. No more Stooges for you.

As for the use of the term 'misandry', it really doesn't apply, nor is it a thing.

None of the girls hate men, so by it basic definition it doesn't apply to the girls of Love Hina.

Now I agree with you on not being fond of that type of humor, but mainly because they fail to make it as funny as the Three Stooges and some of those other older shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2