• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Former KAT-TUN Member Koki Tanaka Tests Positive for Marijuana Use

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Sparvid wrote:
I'm still curious as to why he was pulled over in the first place if they didn't think he was driving under the influence.

He might have been driving recklessly and discovered that by accident. That's what often happens when cops catch drug users: The sort of personality that's rebellious enough to use recreational drugs is also often the same sort of personality that's rebellious enough to drive like an action hero.

wohdin wrote:
I will never understand countries that pretend marijuana is on the same level as shit like cocaine and meth. That's like comparing tea and alcohol. Quite literally, actually.

It's historical, of course. That, and there's been smear media against marijuana that's been incredibly clingy to mainstream culture.

The Count wrote:
I know people who smoke pot and only pot for recreation with no issues and I'm willing to bet that is more of the norm rather than the scenario you told.

I have too, but more often than not, they're kind of obnoxious and pushy.
hikura

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
wohdin wrote:
I will never understand countries that pretend marijuana is on the same level as shit like cocaine and meth. That's like comparing tea and alcohol. Quite literally, actually.

I have seen people start with marijuana, and when is not enough, go to cocaine, then to heroine and end in a coffin.
Yes. is not everybody but happens.
Using marijuana in a medical way is ok, but recreational use that is not supervised by a doctor is a first step in a darker world.

Now, i only hope he gets clean and can return in the future. All the best to him.

I personally believe that recreational use of this drug is not as big of a deal as most people believe.
I do admit that he should not have been out driving under it's influnce and it being in his car.
Do you believe your statement that it leads to a darker world?Many people drink all sorts of different alcohol regularly and are perfectly fine.There are people who become addicted to alcohol.But alcohol is legal.Why is alcohol different?
Marijuna is a natural plant just like tobacco.But Tobacco is legal.
At one point hemp(including Marijuna) was grown by the founding fathers of the untied states.You could pay your taxes in hemp.The who point of Marijuna being a "bad thing" is a pretty recent event.Marijuna has many benfits to society then tobacco but remains illega(Marijuna).
You have the right to your opinon but i disagree with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2