• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Theatrical Screenings of Dragon Ball Super: Broly Film in U.S., Canada to All Fea

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Teraman wrote:
Perhaps it has something to do with it coming to NA only a month after the Japanese theatrical release.

IIRC this also happened with Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, so I doubt that.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Titus-A wrote:
If this movie doesn't have Vegito fighting Broly and potara fusion restored to being permanent then the most perfect fight Dragon Ball could ever present would have been the greatest missed opportunity ever, thus ruining the movie and redeeming Dragon Ball Super for even having nerfed him in the first place. What stupid idiot would say no to that? Oh wait, the modern day anti-macho pansy crowd.

The person that would say no to that would be people who acknowledge that potara fusion can be undone through plot holes and Dragonball usage. That and it makes very little sense to trot Vegetto out for a third time at this point just to not defeat Brolly.
Titus-A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Titus-A wrote:
If this movie doesn't have Vegito fighting Broly and potara fusion restored to being permanent then the most perfect fight Dragon Ball could ever present would have been the greatest missed opportunity ever, thus ruining the movie and redeeming Dragon Ball Super for even having nerfed him in the first place. What stupid idiot would say no to that? Oh wait, the modern day anti-macho pansy crowd.

The person that would say no to that would be people who acknowledge that potara fusion can be undone through plot holes and Dragonball usage. That and it makes very little sense to trot Vegetto out for a third time at this point just to not defeat Brolly.

Well, it wasn't in this case, it was done through a combination or lazy and stupid writing by a bunch of idiots who have all these characters to work with but instead want to make Krillin give SSGSS Goku a hard time somehow.

'We're trying to make the best series possible' MY ASS they are. The only cool addition was Beerus and Whis, and after that it was bad rehash (female Broly) or wacky ideas (metal people and... a CLOWN GOD? CLOWN?! F*ck me!!!)

Dragon Ball usage is an acceptable method. And yes, it would make little sense to have Vegito out again to not defeat Broly but, why the hell would they opt to do that when they can undo that BS new potara rule and have Vegito beat Broly? And make Vegito struggle, too.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Titus-A wrote:

Well, it wasn't in this case, it was done through a combination or lazy and stupid writing by a bunch of idiots who have all these characters to work with but instead want to make Krillin give SSGSS Goku a hard time somehow.

This was the same Krillin who actually fought Goku and Piccolo in the Budokai and made Frieza look like an idiot on top of cutting off his tail.

Titus-A wrote:

'We're trying to make the best series possible' MY ASS they are. The only cool addition was Beerus and Whis, and after that it was bad rehash (female Broly) or wacky ideas (metal people and... a CLOWN GOD? CLOWN?

.....How is that anymore absurd than having a Patrick Star like man child whose gimmick is that he can turn people into food and who can beat the hell out of Vegeta and Gohan have a stalemate with Goku using his most powerful at the time transformation, but yet can't beat his gray, skinny, & much more evil look alike?

And that's just in part two of DragonBall whereas part 1 gave us a fat guy who's gimmick is that he smells bad, a chick who has a split personality that shows up whenever she sneezes, a ninja (who does a lot of un-ninja like stuff), a robot that's a blantant knockoff of Frankenstein's monster, a Giant Rabbit that turns people into carrot's by touching them etc etc etc.

Hell Beerus is cat.

Titus-A wrote:

Dragon Ball usage is an acceptable method. And yes, it would make little sense to have Vegito out again to not defeat Broly but, why the hell would they opt to do that when they can undo that BS new potara rule and have Vegito beat Broly?

I honestly wouldn't know but the thing is why would Vegetto need to fight let alone beat Brolly except for throwing red meat to fans and giving fans another thing to to start a debate over?
Southkaio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:04 am Reply with quote
It's possible and it's very likely, I think, that Daman Mills will replace Christopher Ayres as Frieza later on regarding the English-language dub of Dragon Ball Super: Broly.
Benjamin Bratt replaced Al Pacino as El Macho in Despicable Me 3. The same goes with Colin Firth, replaced by Ben Whishaw in Paddington as the title character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2