• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Seven Deadly Sins Anime Gets Fall TV Show to 'Head Toward Climax' With New Studio

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
Man, WTF will they do with this... There's no way that they will get to the 'climax' with only 12~25 epis... There's a F*ing ton of things to adapt before that lol
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 am Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
Man, WTF will they do with this... There's no way that they will get to the 'climax' with only 12~25 epis... There's a F*ing ton of things to adapt before that lol

Considering it says head towards the climax, it might be a case of 2 more seasons. Considering season 1 and 2 adapted about 100 chapters each, give or take, a 25 episode season and a 12 episode season would be enough to do that. Or they could do a Tokyo Ghoul Re and adapt even more than they ever should.
Lyhxvard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 am Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:

I don't think it's impossible. The previous seasons had adapted 105 chapters and 95 chapters of manga respectively with 25 episodes, so on this third season with 26 episodes and spoiler[one or two OVA for all the epilogue chapters that will ended up being published after the Epilogue 1], I think it's all they need to do in order to reach manga conclusion.

All of this is just my expeculations based on how much was adapted with previous two seasons, but I might be wrong and this third season only adapt half way.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
from A1 to DEEN. That's... something else.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 am Reply with quote
Huh, so they made end up animating the entire story. I really enjoyed the first season, haven't seen the second yet. Really hope they are animating it through to the end, as part of the reason I've not watched more is knowing that it's open ended.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:23 am Reply with quote
zenbud wrote:
professorwho wrote:
It might actually be good. Granted, Deen uses less freelancers than A-1, but at least their scheduling is better and they have WAY less projects than A-1/Cloverworks.

I don't know why you're putting Cloverworks together with A-1 when they're a different company for quite some time and their only relation is being behind Aniplex.

Cloverworks was a part of A-1 until literally like 8 months ago. And pretty much everyone who works there was a consistent freelancer with A-1 for years before the split. It hasn't been that long, and there is a lot of "relation" between them because of the long history Cloverworks's people have working at A-1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2