• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto Anime's New Arc to Feature Boruto, Young Naruto Together

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:17 am Reply with quote
ugh i can't see how this will end well.

if its time travel then either its going to have a ton of plotholes or they're going to end up erasing minds making the whole thing pointless.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:13 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

If you have all new characters then it's not exactly a sequel.

A sequel does not have to have the same characters as a previous entry. When I say sequel, I am mostly referring to the idea of a sequel to the world of Naruto rather than a sequel to the lives of the characters we have already seen in Naruto.[/quote]

That sounds more like a spin-off than a sequel. Something that people did want with the Samurai that were introduced during the Kage Summit.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
Can't be any worse than when Shippuden had filler episodes centered around a character that was meant to promote a forgotten video game.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:53 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Can't be any worse than when Shippuden had filler episodes centered around a character that was meant to promote a forgotten video game.

Mecha Naruto was one of the best fillers in the entire series Laughing The difference between Naruto fillers and Boruto is the Naruto fillers served to flesh out and give focus to characters who got little to no screentime in the series or were a welcome distraction from the main plot with light-hearted romps and fun animation. I'd gladly take more of them at this point than more Boruto.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

but at least shippuuden had the manga as a source for episodes, so a few dozen bad fillers is irrelevant when you can easily skip them.

i dropped the boruto manga awhile ago because the plot was meh at best (i also just can't get past any plotline where naruto dies, there's no way they can make that believable with how powerful he was built up to be), but really the problem was the releases are just too slow i just cba to keep up with a monthly manga these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2