• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:ZERO TV Anime's 2nd Season Delayed to July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:55 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing we'll see more delays. Anime already needs a substantial lead time just to get episodes done on a weekly basis and disruptions to a schedule tend to pile onto each other as is.

Overall, I'd rather see a series delay to a different season than stop and start repeatedly or deliver a lackluster season because it was forced to make do. Hopefully, production committees, TV stations, etc. recognize that they have a situation on their hands that will require accommodations for delays.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:07 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm guessing we'll see more delays. Anime already needs a substantial lead time just to get episodes done on a weekly basis and disruptions to a schedule tend to pile onto each other as is.

Overall, I'd rather see a series delay to a different season than stop and start repeatedly or deliver a lackluster season because it was forced to make do. Hopefully, production committees, TV stations, etc. recognize that they have a situation on their hands that will require accommodations for delays.

Wonder what summer projects will now get pushed back as a result.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:20 am Reply with quote
corona virus discussion aside ,this makes me wish even more that they add that scene to the season ending, it will be even better having a 3 months cliffhanger after learning that happens, instead of ending n that cliffhanger and continuing the plot the next week.
#animeguy2019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 am Reply with quote
man this really sucks now we half to wait till summer that great gonna be a long wait lol Evil or Very Mad
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 am Reply with quote
That is a bummer. As a consolation Spring so far is still loaded with more Food Wars, Oregairu and Fruits Basket.
a1anne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
corona virus discussion aside ,this makes me wish even more that they add that scene to the season ending, it will be even better having a 3 months cliffhanger after learning that happens, instead of ending n that cliffhanger and continuing the plot the next week.

I had exactly the same thought, but it's not like this director's cut had added anything so far. The fact that spoiler[Al is from the same world as Subaru and his whole story] is still cut. (it's not like it was long, and it gave Subaru something to relay on... ) Makes me wonder if the anime will transcribe the fact that spoiler[Subaru fell in love with Rem, even tho he loves Emilia way more] ... He said it word by word in the LN.

[Edit]: added spoilers. Errinundra.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:40 am Reply with quote
Well, the bright side is that they get three more months to work on it. Hopefully, that means they have the time to polish it real good.
Qulex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Surprised how readily some are to believe various things happening are because of Coronavirus. Everyone already knows how insane anime production schedules are to begin with and while even a little delay that cautious behavior to avoid Coronavirus might inject into the activity would cause, months of delay is a stretch. I believe more likely is that the virus scare has allowed teams to blame delays they would like to have made anyway on the virus with the likelihood that others would accept that without fuss at the moment....Really just hope sometime soon people in that industry say "enough is enough" and agree to accepting more realistic schedules going forward...

Someone isn't familiar with ReZero's healthy production schedule. Yes, it's one of those rare cases where the staff has had plenty of time. This second season was actually greenlit before any of the preceding OVAs were even announced.
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly both surprised and unsuprised. On one hand, Watanabe's reputation, the lead time he devoted to this and some tweets by the production team seem to imply production was trucking along just fine or even great by industry standards. On the other hand, when they did the livestream this Saturday to replace the canceled stage event and had nothing of substance to show, 1 month from the supposed premiere, honestly I started feeling that the other shoe was gonna drop. We were promised a trailer for the 21st tough, wonder if that's still happening.

Well, it sucks but as they say, delays are temporary but rushed products are permanent. If it needs to delay, it should be delayed. I was rushing my way through a re-read of the source material ahead of the premiere, but I guess I can take my time now.
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, can't do anything about it
Key

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:22 pm Reply with quote
While in some senses this is disappointing, I'm actually glad for this delay, as the Spring 2020 season was looking overloaded with Re:Zero in the mix. I was facing the prospect of having four series besides Black Clover that I've done episode reviews for - and consider high priorities - active during that season (SAO, Re:Zero, Ascendance of a Bookworm, and Railgun T) and I would have had to drop one. With Fruits Basket also coming back, there's still going to be more high-priority titles than I can ever remember in one season, even without Re:Zero or considering new offerings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bennyl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Smart play. Spring is loaded and summer is usually crap. This way there is at least one major franchise with summer content.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
That is a bummer. As a consolation Spring so far is still loaded with more Food Wars, Oregairu and Fruits Basket.

Flag set for further delays on other series down the road, now we only need someone to say "Lucky us, covid-19 is not going to be a creative drain like the KyoAni incident".
Randomuser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
It's sad, yet not suprising news. Damned virus
AnddoX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Surprised April has anything left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3