• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Nisekoi, Star Driver, Blend-S, Mushi-shi The Next Passage Anime to Catalog

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:02 am Reply with quote
I just want Aniplex to finally license the Mushi-shi anime movie.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:16 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Shiki, Hell Girl, Night Raid 1931, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Mardock Scramble, and Darker Than Black aren’t on Funimation either. I think Shiki and DTB might be on Hulu, and Hell Girl was on Amazon for a while though I think it’s gone off again.
Night raid 1931 and Mardock Scramble are both Sentai. Darker Than black is Funimation, so maybe they only have home release rights.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
Aniplex of America shows not yet streaming on Funimation (tell me if I missed any):

Valkyria Chronicles - It streamed briefly on Sony's Crackle service sometime in the early 2010s, then never again nor anywhere else. Despite the game series' semi-popularity, a lot of people aren't even aware there's an anime of the first game.

(Guess I should clarify… Aniplex produced the show, but I don't know if Aniplex of America, per se, has ever been involved with it.)
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:31 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
WingKing wrote:
Shiki, Hell Girl, Night Raid 1931, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Mardock Scramble, and Darker Than Black aren’t on Funimation either. I think Shiki and DTB might be on Hulu, and Hell Girl was on Amazon for a while though I think it’s gone off again.
Night raid 1931 and Mardock Scramble are both Sentai. Darker Than black is Funimation, so maybe they only have home release rights.

So was Angel Beats, but that didn't stop Aniplex from putting it up on Funimation|NOW, complete with the original Stephen Foster dub and everything.
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:37 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Correction: those were Sentai and Funi, but those licenses expired several years ago (as well as Cossette's, which I feel lucky to have bought from Sentai before it disappeared). Now whether the NA rights have since been transferred to AoA or just left in limbo we can't know for sure unless/until we see AoA actually do something with them, but if we see one of those old shows actually streaming somewhere again, like in Darker Than Black's case, then it's probably safe to assume it's officially in AoA's portfolio.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 am Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
I
I believe all of these except Baccano! are streaming elsewhere like Crunchyroll and Netflix.

Here's what else I could find, correct me if I'm wrong:

Anthem of the Heart
Cencoroll (entire franchise)
Expelled from Paradise
Garden of Sinners (entire franchise)
GYO: Tokyo Fish Attack
Hell Girl (entire franchise, S1 was a Funi title)
Kiznaiver
Natsume's Book of Friends
Our Love has Always been 10 Centimetres Apart
P5: The Daybreakers
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
World Conquest Zvezda Plot (entire franchise)

These are all titles we know AoA has, I'm not counting Aniplex titles that they probably have the rights to but it hasn't been made official. They only confirmed Hell Girl title they have is Hell Girl: Fourth Twilight but given that Funi/Sentai lost the rights to the rest of it I'm just going to assume the rest is with them.
horseradish
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope they put out Mushishi S2. That Madman release is OOP and super hard to find now.

Last edited by horseradish on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taiyz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Man, at this point I don't care who does it, whether it be FUNimation or even Anime Limited and Shout Factory if their partnership gains traction, I NEED Samurai Flamenco on blu-ray. This gives me hope that it could happen eventually. (Also would be nice to have Natsume's Book of Friends seasons 5-6, I'm still kind of shocked that Aniplex hasn't even bothered with Persona 5.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:14 am Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
(I'm still kind of shocked that Aniplex hasn't even bothered with Persona 5.)

After their treatment of Persona 3 & 4 Golden, I'm not shocked. The latter being a bad adaptation probably didn't help matters either with both Blu-ray sets STILL being available at Right Stuf almost 5 years later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2