• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Just Who is Boogiepop?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 pm Reply with quote
It's been many years since I watched Boogiepop Phantom, and what sticks most in my mind is how dark it was: not just thematically, but literally. There were many scenes that were nigh-impossible to make out on the monitor I was using at the time, and the fact that so many of the characters looked almost identical didn't help matters. Still, I remember it being a fun watch, the sort of Lain-style total mindscrew that you can sink your teeth into and really chew on. I watched the live-action version of Boogiepop and Others that was included in the Nozomi release at the time, but other than chuckling at the low-budget effects nothing really stuck with me. I really should watch the new adaptation.
Quiddity99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:59 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite anime of all time!
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Well shit. You managed to convince me to give it a try.

I assume watching the anime in release order is sufficient? This isn't like fate were jumping around versions spoils or reveals too much of particular events?
Aresef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Well shit. You managed to convince me to give it a try.

I assume watching the anime in release order is sufficient? This isn't like fate were jumping around versions spoils or reveals too much of particular events?

Yeah, just watch them in order. The episodes themselves jump around in time, even internally. They're all individual puzzle pieces. The last episode, though, takes place a little bit after everything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2