• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime's Video Reveals More Cast, T.M.Revolution Song, Netflix 2021 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering if Netflix has a streaming deal with Kodansha properties as Shaman King is also published by them and there are rumors Netflix has Sailor Moon Eternal which Sailor Moon is also a Kodansha title.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:35 am Reply with quote
^There's also the new Tokyo Mew Mew reboot to worry about at this rate.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 am Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:
Sucks that Funimation couldn't get this one, but I'd would rather have it licensed by Netflix than to not have been licensed at all.

Its not Netflix or nothing, this is Netflix outbidding Funi/Crunchy. This is a major new anime, it wouldn't go unlicensed.

Okay, but have there been any Netflix-licensed anime that another party also licensed for simulcasting?
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:52 am Reply with quote
It looked quite good actually, my only gripe it's the fact that the trailer spoils a lot.

Not that can be helped though, it's one of those series that if you say what it's about it's an spoiler.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:15 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm wondering if Netflix has a streaming deal with Kodansha properties as Shaman King is also published by them and there are rumors Netflix has Sailor Moon Eternal which Sailor Moon is also a Kodansha title.

Not sure because To Your Eternity and Tokyo Revengers, who both of them are belong to Kodansha, will be stream on Crunchyroll.

And I'm somehow worried that Chainsaw Man (from Shueisha) may end up streaming only on Funimation or Netflix instead CR.

I don't want Funi to get CM because do you realize that Funi is (still) region locked in many countries. I would want Funi to get CM if Funi would be available in my country.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:53 am Reply with quote
Well, that is very disappointing. Not only because it means waiting until whenever Netflix decides to upload the whole season at once, but it shoots a pretty big hole in my hope that Tia Ballard would play Happy.
matt78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:08 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
[Sorry but I don't want Funi to get CM because do you realize that Funi is (still) region locked in many countries. I would want Funi to get CM if Funi would be available in my country.

Hopefully Funimation & Crunchyroll will start sharing titles again once the sale goes through.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:15 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

Sorry but I don't want Funi to get CM because do you realize that Funi is (still) region locked in many countries. I would want Funi to get CM if Funi would be available in my country.

I mean that sucks...but I live in one the regions they are available so thats not really a problem I relate to.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Guys, watch the massive overquoting. When you have 4+ embedded quotes in pages it clogs things up and breaks the pages for mobile users. I edited some posts.

Also, do not speak for others. Keep it civil and only speak for yourself. Thank you.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited for this. I've been enjoying the manga since it debuted, and what I've seen from the trailers and the staff, the anime has lots of potential. Shiki's gravity manipulation powers are so fitting for animation.

As for the Netflix situation, that sucks, but I'm hoping the adaptation takes a My Hero Academia approach as opposed to how Fairy Tail did it. I'd much rather a short season with lots of love and care as opposed to a long running show with lots of filler and outsourcing.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Netflix, :p

I really wish they'd stop going with the binge model in NA for these weekly airing shows -_-

At least TM Revolution still sounds good Smile
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:48 am Reply with quote
Ummmm.....

Mother doesn't have any lines that I can recall in the manga. So did they add them, or is the 17 year old just making random noises for her?
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:18 am Reply with quote
This sucks for fans, but at least Netflix aren't paying the translators peanuts to translate the episode weekly with very little time like crunchyroll. Tbh, I'm not sure it's 100% that it's a successful model, but work conditions is probably also another factor. I mean, Netflix do pay their animators better than crunchyroll with much better scheduling.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:17 am Reply with quote
Wow! What a wonderful trailer. I'm so excited to hear TMR do the OP song of EZ. It sounds amazing and it is definitely a way to get more people attracted to the show. Smart thinking. My waifu Homura looking so fine. They had better mention RAVE as one of Mashima's works or else... A sin that RAVE didn't get an anime remake for its 20th anniversary. It is his best work.

Last edited by Rob19ny on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:25 am Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Ummmm.....

Mother doesn't have any lines that I can recall in the manga. So did they add them, or is the 17 year old just making random noises for her?

Her lines at the very end of the trailer are straight from Chapter 2, mate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3