• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Spring 2023 Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redvelvetdoll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I just need them to get Loving Yamada-kun and Idolmaster U149 and all of my must-watchs will be covered Cool
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:20 pm Reply with quote
redvelvetdoll wrote:
I just need them to get Loving Yamada-kun and Idolmaster U149 and all of my must-watchs will be covered Cool

I'm also surprised they didn't announce Smartphone season 2 yet.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:54 pm Reply with quote
This is fantastic! All the anime I chose except for one are getting dubs!
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 pm Reply with quote
redvelvetdoll wrote:
Loving Yamada-kun

It's an Aniplex show so it's expected to come to CR.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
I believe the MBS deal goes into effect in July for the summer season, also Disney was never going to get all of the Kodansha titles more like they’re getting the big Kodansha title of each season (this winter they had Tokyo revengers for the spring they’re getting Heavenly dilusion) Crunchyroll still seems to licence most Kodansha titles as they streamed about 10 or 11 this winter season and are streaming a couple this spring as well. Sentai/Hidive also gets a few Kodansha titles here and there as well.

What could be the one for summer? MF Ghost?
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:57 pm Reply with quote
The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior is the MBS produced show confirmed for Summer.

A lot of people including myself believe that this MBS deal only applies to shows where MBS is #1 on the production committee list so shows like Magical Destroyer, where MBS is in the production committee but not #1, should still be up for grabs by anybody. I don't think this deal (while kind of big deal for Sentai) is as huge as some people think it is.

We'll get a better idea of this MBS deal once the production committee list for Spring 2023 shows are revealed. If HiDive is exclusively acquiring shows where MBS is #1 on the production committee and CR is still being able to pick up shows where MBS is not #1 then it'll more or less confirm our speculations of this MBS deal.
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:07 pm Reply with quote
DanMatcha wrote:
I’m surprised Sentai didn’t get ‘The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses’ after their deal with MBS to license anime from them. Also, it’s nice to see that Disney+ won’t be taking most anime based on Kodansha manga, as a large chunk of these anime are Kodansha titles.

Disney seems to only license more dark and mature shows in an attempt to show people thst anime isnt just for kids? Their Kodasha deal is most likely limited to one show, since you'll be limiting your options by giving it to them as they want to be the sole platform that its on. Disney also seems to be more instead in producing Disney original content, but they have yet to show anything other than that one CG show.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope there will be more backlog english dub, still waiting for the english dub of Birdie Wing, LOGH Die Neue These S4, Bocchi The Rock, In/Spectre S2 and Laid Back Camp S2 and its short
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:03 pm Reply with quote
nl_TvdL wrote:
Why would you dislike Crunchyroll?

I dislike them mostly because they are trying to have a monopoly on anime.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:21 pm Reply with quote
@ paulchaested

I was talking about the Disney+Kodansha deal.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
I dislike them mostly because they are trying to have a monopoly on anime.

So basically you don't care about actual quality, you just have the "the big ones are losing, yes!" mentality. Mature.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see "Run for the Money: The Great Mission" on the list. In any case, I hope it's available for (legal) streaming somewhere...
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
What could be the one for summer? MF Ghost?

Honestly it could be any big Kodansha title that will premiere in the summer, we’ve seen with Tokyo revengers that it could be a continuing anime so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were to get S3 of rent a girlfriend (regardless of how people feel about Rent a girlfriend it’s a popular show). MF ghost though I’m not sure if they will get that one because Medialink has licenced it for the Southern Asia region and usually when Disney licenses an anime they licence it to be exclusive to their own platform internationally.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:56 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
So basically you don't care about actual quality, you just have the "the big ones are losing, yes!" mentality. Mature.

No. My mentality is that I don't want the rich getting richer. I am not apologizing for my opinions.
el_morris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:32 pm Reply with quote
15 series will have spanish dubs, we're eating good in latin america the next 3 months!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3