• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - February 3rd - February 9th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:

Yeah, I know Brian is overworked (well, I think he is, anyway).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quote
I've got to admit that I can't stop laughing at those two moving pictures of that dancing guy, LordByronius, especially because they're quite funny when paired with the quote. The clips are both from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, right? (Or am I totally guessing wrong?)

Thank you NGE1113 and bglassbrook for helping to enlighten me! Anime smile I am most grateful for your help.

rocklobster wrote:
Yes, and we have to give up Zatch Bell for it. What fun.

Judging by your comment and your emoticon, rocklobster, I'm not 100% sure whether you actually like Zatch Bell or not, because I'm not totally sure if you're being sarcastic or not (believe me, I wish that I was sure Anime cry). However, since I like and watch Zatch Bell for what I think it is--a sweet, silly, and charming kid's show--I'd like to say that I missed it this week! Which leads me to bring my post full circle by quoting Parco Folgore (sp.?) from the English-language version of Zatch Bell:

"Hey, hey, let's dance all day! Boing! Boing! Boogie, boogie, boogie."

To the writers who came up with those lyrics: thank you for making me smile.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
zetsuie wrote:
wow one piece is back are these unaired episodes with all new terrible pirate jokes and where every other line is an aweful pun

yes, the worst dub in recent memory is back on basic cable for all you people who want to permantly ruin the anime experience for four year olds

Yes, and we have to give up Zatch Bell for it. What fun. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Yeah, not much of a choice there is it. We either get the slaughtered version of One Peice or a show that doesn't look very interesting. Or at least, that's the way it is for me anyways.

I think it is way awesome that Encore Action is showing Jin-Roh! Unfortunately, I don't get Encore however. Crying or Very sad No matter though. The rest of you that do have it get an awesome opportunity to see a very good movie, and I get to rent it again now that I have been reminded of how much I liked it.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Jin-Roh, I just went and rented the DVD again, and I can't get it to play the english dub. I tried to toggle around with the audio, and I still get the same result. The DVD box says itself that you can watch it in english, so why can't I? anyone know the answer to this question?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2