• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump, Shojo Beat Shake Up Manga Lineup

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Awww... I liked reading Nana in SB, with the nice colour pages. It was one of the reasons I subscribed in the first place (but I am glad it'll release faster. I was holding off watching the anime until the corresponding chapter came out). I also liked Baby and Me, but not enough to buy the volumes. Oh well. Honey and Clover is great anyways, and I'll be happy to read it (...finally).
Lenks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
I'm sad to see Baby and Me go (I much rather have Absolute Boyfriend and Vampire Knight take an exit *gets tomatoes thrown at her*) but I'm looking forward to Haruka...though I don't know what it's about. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Absolute Boyfriend is 6 volumes long and they're at 4 right now, so yeah. Perhaps they'll keep it in there because of the short length of the series.
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Argh! I'll miss NANA and Baby & Me in SB. If anything, I'd rather see Crimson Hero dropped. Sports manga, even shojo sports manga, just isn't my thing.
pluvia33

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed that NANA is going because I never had any intention of buying the English graphic novels. I've been reading the translations in Shojo Beat and buying the Japanese books (I have a weird buy pattern at times). I guess I'll just be reading the scanlations where SB drops off....

But Honey and Clover is awesome news. That's a series that I wouldn't mind buying the English and Japanese graphic novels of. Anime smile
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, geez. Nana's the reason I renewed my subsciption...though I was buying the collected volumes anyway, so from Viz's side this is a win.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Damnit, I liked Baby & Me. Once they're done with Absolute Boyfriend, I'm pretty much done with the mag, too. Nana was getting hit-and-miss, but I would've stuck with it over some dating sim crap. Man, I guess the change of editors also means a change from quality titles to mediocre ones. But if they want another Animerica Extra on their hands, they got it. Honey and Clover might be good, but methinks it'll be overrated tripe like Azumanga. Oh well, at least Baby & Me will get out faster...

Clover: I agree with you on Vampire Knight. It was getting good, but then, like Death Note, it started getting psychological instead of creepy, and it got boring.
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed that Shaman king won't get to run in Shonen Jump anymore but instead will only be in the graphic novel form when they are this close to the end. The November end manga will be Yu-Gi-Oh! Millenial World, but I have no idea what they'll put in there at that time.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Why're they ending SK in SJ?! Mad I like both the SK anime and manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LOUiECOG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Why're they ending SK in SJ?! Mad I like both the SK anime and manga.

That's just it, there is no anime running on tv or in dvd format anymore in the US. So they are putting in Bobobobobo instead since it is running on CN. Of course, Bobobo really pisses me off as it is unfunny and unenjoyable whereas I have enjoyed every other series that has ever been in the collection. It's almost enough to want to drop the whole thing just because of Bobobo.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means they'll be accelerating their GN releases o Shaman King, that series is really great in manga form.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Clover: I agree with you on Vampire Knight. It was getting good, but then, like Death Note, it started getting psychological instead of creepy, and it got boring.

At first I thought VK was pretty good, but the further I got into it, the more it started sounding like bad Vampire fanfiction. The only thing it's got going for it is beautiful artwork.
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:

and that they have the Honey and Clover manga, as well as the live-action movie... apparently the first anime series adaption as well... Damn, that's plain cool.

Though I'd really care to hear about the first DVD release of Honey and Clover and them acquiring the second series, but this news is still great.

Quote:
Honey and Clover inspired a live-action movie and two anime series—the first for which Viz Europe had acquired television rights.

Unfortunately it doesn't say the movie was acquired and it does say the anime was by Viz Europe.

Is there info somewhere on the movie being acquired?

I'm sad to see Nana go but it couldn't have been replaced with a better title. Honey & Clover is freaking awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
HellKorn wrote:

and that they have the Honey and Clover manga, as well as the live-action movie... apparently the first anime series adaption as well... Damn, that's plain cool. Though I'd really care to hear about the first DVD release of Honey and Clover and them acquiring the second series, but this news is still great.

Quote:
Honey and Clover inspired a live-action movie and two anime series—the first for which Viz Europe had acquired television rights.

Unfortunately it doesn't say the movie was acquired and it does say the anime was by Viz Europe.

Is there info somewhere on the movie being acquired?

http://www.kfccinema.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1180131431&archive=

I'm so stoked about that, as well.
maichips

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Hopefully this means they'll be accelerating their GN releases o Shaman King, that series is really great in manga form.

I agree. I really hope they release Shaman King faster, too. But now that it's out of SJ magazine, I may drop my subscription... I only read it for Shaman King and Hikaru no Go, but I buy Shaman King and can always read the HnG GN's at the store...
Celes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Thank the manga gods! Baby & Me is gone! I'm sorry, but I really disliked that series, it literally put me to sleep almost every time I read it and the art made my eyes water.

Nana I have mixed feelings about. I've been buying the graphic novels anyway, so that's cool, but I loved the pretty color illustrations and I think I'm just surprised it was finally booted out.

I'm really looking forward to reading both new titles!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5