• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
True Tears.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
so i got done with episode 6

spoiler[Hiromi telling Shin that at the end, i dunno its not uncommon for step-siblings to developing feelings for each other that go beyond siblings. i think the other reason she told Hiromi to not get close is that she might know the real truth and if the neighbors they have, have seen Hiromi younger with her other mother than what would they think.]

it will be intresting to see what happens when episode 7 comes out.

The thing is spoiler[If it's true (which I personally don't think is) they aren't step siblings, they're half brother/sister. Now Hiromi and Shin have been childhood friends for a long time (probably a lot longer than Aiko and Shin) due to the two families being friends. Obviously they both grew to like each other as we see in they do in the series. Now Hiromi's parents both die and she moves into Shin's house to live with his family. One of the first things that happens to her is that Shin's mother flat out says her father isn't really her dad, her real father is the same as Shin's.

Now remember in episode 4 (or maybe 5) we hear Hiromi saying she has buried her feelings once she moved into the house. At first I thought it was simply because she was now living under the same house and didn't want to cause a tradition and cultural problem. I also thought she was just lying to Shin about the #4 situation because she was just being stubborn that she was caught or something like that. Instead though we find out she has a very good reason to act distant/cold towards Shin, with her thinking that they are half brother/sisters.

Of course she only successfully buried those feelings until she saw Shin with Noe, and even though she thinks they're related she couldn't help herself and started to open up to Shin again. Heck look how excited she got when she hoped Shin was going to confess or something when he knocked on her door in episode 5.

Now like I mentioned in my first post in this thread Shin's mothers reaction to Hiromi bringing it up is the key here. If it's true why is she so surprised? I just can't get past the expression on her face as well as her saying "You remember that conversation?". Now it's cleat she hates Hiromi's mother is is channeling her hatred of her at Hiromi but I don't really think it's because Hiromi's mother had the child of her husband. I'm sure we will find out through a flashback scene sometime in the last 3 episodes why she does.]

I'm also really looking forward to episode 7, Shin's reaction to what he got told at the end of 6 is of course the most interesting part but boy who isn't looking forward to the hopefully epic spoiler[Hiromi and Noe cat fight].
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
7 was another great episode

spoiler[Jun needs to ride into a moving truck, Noe was just so moe, Hiromi returned to being cold to Shin again, Aiko draws first blood!]

Looking forward to hearing the OST, a lot of great BGM tracks have been played so far.
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote
wow lots of things happened in episode 7

spoiler[Noe confesses her love for Shin to her brother, Shin relizes that he like Noe now that he isnt too sure if Hiromi is playing a joke on him or not.

yes there was an epic cat fight between Hiromi and Noe, Miyokichi relizes that Ai really likes Shin and not him. Shin dosent relize what Miyokichi ment at the school when he told him that "he is cool". also did anyone else think that Miyokichi is kinda crazy for Ai when he grabs her hand and dosent want to her anything else from her, pretty much forces her to go with him to her shop.

the very last part you can pretty much see it comming (from episode 6) when Ai makes out with Shin, also im wondering why Noe made Shin write down that he likes her with rocks?? Now the love triangle for Shin has fully begun, i have a feeling that Noe or Ai is going to do something bad later on in the episodes.]

episode 8 looks like its going to be great, now im wondering what is going to happen.
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
7 was another great episode

spoiler[Jun needs to ride into a moving truck, Noe was just so moe, Hiromi returned to being cold to Shin again, Aiko draws first blood!]

Looking forward to hearing the OST, a lot of great BGM tracks have been played so far.

i saw none of those except spoiler[Hiromi being cold to Shin again]
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
Well

spoiler[I dislike Jun and I want him to ride into a truck, Noe was just too cute that episode (cute work better for you than moe?), and Aiko draws first blood by kissing Shin first]

That clear it up? Also

spoiler[You and a lot of people are counting out Hiromi way too early. The events of episode 7 just make me (and a lot of others) more confident she will end up with Shin. *points at Shin's mother actually being civil to Hiromi in ep 7*

You only have to look at other shows in the genre, they usually make the winning girl looked screwed at the midpoint, it's happened in KGNE, ef, is happening in Kimikiss and I'm sure it will happen here.]
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:11 am Reply with quote
remember School Days is alot like this, and that had a completely different formula when it came to HS romance. who knows for this one.
Courbet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:10 am Reply with quote
Regardless, I think it was a very interesting episode Very Happy

As said earlier, the spoiler[ love triangle is finally complete, personally I just feel sorry for Shin, who must be more confused than ever, after finally making a decision to go out with Noe, only to have Ai leap at him!

But yeah the obvious solution will be Hiromi and Shin together in the end, and to be honest I think it would be more interesting if it was either Ai or Noe - and it certainly would be less predictable Smile ]
Zirdante

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
The part where she wants her to write it down, I think its a symbolical thing, like writing it down makes it official. Like getting married, its really nothing more than putting your name on a peace of paper, that sort of mentality.

If shin decides to take ai or hitomi, I would really feel sorry for noe, since its the first time she has those "love feelings", like she explains to her brother, just to get dumped soon after. Well, she doesn't look like a girl to go emo and slash her wrists or anything if things go bad :p
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
OMG it's turning out to be spoiler[a harem sort of thing, but in a serious and good way. I knew that Ai-chan likes Shin'ichiro in the first ep.]

I knew it would end up like this, spoiler[Shin'ichiro would find a way to forget Hiromi and will develop a (shallow I should say) feeling for Noe (or maybe Ai-chan). Then afterwards they will eventually would find out that him and Hiromi aren't related. Then complication about what he truely feels will be his main problem. Who will he choose? We'll see, if who he truely loves.] Can't wait for the next episode.

"Hahahahahahaha" I'm rooting for HIROMI!
By the way I love the opening song.

Last edited by chichiriNoDa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zirdante

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the OP is imba, can't wait for the OST to come out.. 9 more days :<
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the first episode of True Tears (late, as usual) and liked it a lot. Fall is my favorite season, so of course I loved the soft colors of the trees -- really, the background colors are amazing. (Cause Key's three series cover Summer, Winter, and Spring, I've always been hoping for a good show with Fall colors.) And for some reason, I'm reminded of ef, which I also started late but was able to quickly catch up and liked a lot as well.

I wasn't able to read most of this thread because it covers episodes six and seven (spoilers for me). So I'll try and catch up to you guys so I can discuss it some more.

For me, the characters are very likable so far. I like Noe's aerodynamic hairstyle and pretty green eyes. She has a really nice character design.

And I love all the chickens! Anime exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Porcupine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
And in general, the "licensing=inconvenience" attitude isn't exactly appreciated here.

Definitely. But at the same time, we are talking about Bandai Visual USA being the "domestic" licensor in this case. I had some hope for them when there was recent news here about them releasing some other anime series at a somewhat reduced price compared to their usual. But when I checked out your link, it appears that they are reverting back to their old ways for True Tears and are going to charge $30 MSRP over 7 DVDs (2 episodes or less per DVD).

That's over twice the price of the typical individual anime DVD in America. This is combined with the fact that Bandai Visual still has no distributor, meaning that you can't even buy their "domestic" product unless you are willing to order on the Internet from one or two specific sites. If you don't like those sites or have no Internet then you can't buy True Tears. Even if you are willing to use those sites you must pay retail price (since there's no retail competition over these titles) so in effect True Tears is 3x or 4x more expensive than the typical individual anime DVD. And you don't get a dub.

Right now, at least until they get a distributor again, I wouldn't exactly jump for joy when Bandai Visual "licenses" something. Them "licensing" something right now looks more like an effort to prevent the show from ever making it over here (in any form, whether legit or pirated) rather than an attempt to actually solicit their wares to us.

If I were a fansubber right now, I'd just ignore any "licenses" by Bandai Visual and fansub and release their shows regardless. Fansubbing is technically illegal to begin with anyway, so the decision to fansub something is simply a moral choice that everyone makes for themselves according to their own code. I don't personally think it would be that "immoral" to disregard Bandai Visual licenses at this moment in time.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
But when I checked out your link, it appears that they are reverting back to their old ways for True Tears and are going to charge $30 MSRP over 7 DVDs (2 episodes or less per DVD).

Worse. It's $30 for the first volume which has one episode and $40 MSRP for the rest which have two eps each. And apparently, I'm a big enough of a sucker to actually buy them.

It's going to cost me $182.25 to get this series. That's with the TRSI pre-order discount and the GA discount. I'm trying to reduce the pain with their member or catalogue coupons (save X on orders Y or more) but it will still end up costing around $150 for a 13 episode series.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quote
Zirdante wrote:
Yeah the OP is imba, can't wait for the OST to come out.. 9 more days :<

The score is outstanding, I'm hoping that the eufonius composer does more scores for shows as well as continuing his work with Riya since I love nearly every Eufonius OP I've heard.

Idea (Noein) or Reflectia, which is better @_@
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
so i got done watching episode 8

spoiler[to be honest this episode dosent really do much, we finally see that Shin is in love with Noe. Hiromi seems like she is becomming jelious of Shin but starts to relize that living there and in this town is a mistake.

looks like Hiromi and Noe's brother are pretty much running away together. Shin's mom is still a b***h to Hiromi but at the end might see the errors of her ways.]

if anything this seemed to be more of a filler episode and number 9 looks like it might give us more answers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9