• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLMikeATT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote
I do hope they either kill off Suzaku, or make his role less important. CG does a good job of making Lelouch into the quintessential anti-hero, and throughout the first season I found myself rooting for him in all the confrontations. Suzaku though really annoys me. I hate his naive ideals and I was rooting heavily against him in the first season. It pissed me off that it seemed like he was constantly getting the better of Lelouch and the Black Knights. He seriously needs to die.

I'm also concerned about this new brother that's supposed to have a big role. I hope he isn't a Gary Stu.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quote
FLMikeATT wrote:
I do hope they either kill off Suzaku, or make his role less important.

I had a crazy idea that because of his spoiler["live" Geass he can't die]

I doubt Suzaku will go anywhere (He's too important to the story)
FLMikeATT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote
Ah, that's true. I forgot about that. meh

I really dislike Suzaku. He could be redeemed though if he defects from Brittainia, but I don't see that happening.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:05 am Reply with quote
FLMikeATT wrote:

I really dislike Suzaku. He could be redeemed though if he defects from Brittainia, but I don't see that happening.

I understand how you feel (and agree) but Suzaku needs to be where he is (as a counter part to Lelouche)
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:15 am Reply with quote
FLMikeATT wrote:

The very last thing this show needs is Suzaku deflecting from Brittainia to team up with Lelouch. I'll be very disappointed if Taniguchi ever teams them up again, very. I'll rather see Cornelia and Guilford team up with Lelouch than Suzaku.

Oh yeah ALL HAIL BRITTAINIA!! It will be hilarious if lelouch ends up the new emperor of Brittainia and all the viewers saying brittania sucks quickly change their toon.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote
ryoko, I 100% think that spoiler[the existence of this brother and his role a potential major character] is indeed a spoiler. People who just watch the anime would not know about it. It's not a major spoiler, but it still is a spoiler and I for one would be annoyed if I found out about it by reading this thread (though I didn't).

To continue on about that subject, spoiler[I really hope the brother turns out to be another half-brother, instead of a full one. That would just make so much more sense and make it less awkward to introduce him so late.]
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quote
Complaining about being spoiled on his brother would be the equivalent of complaining about finding out that Shinn Asuka was the new main character of Gundam SEED Destiny, or that Joker is the new villain in the next Batman movie. This isn't something they are keeeping secret since it's all over the place.
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
If Suzaku is killed off or his importance is reduced then who else is there to throw Lelouch off his game? I don't want to see Lelouch go on his quest without having a formidable opponent.

Suzaku does do questionable things of his own. I don't mind him that much though. He just tries to do what he thinks is right.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I said I wouldn't, but I will. Post spoilers on the new season, that is.

The spoiler of Lelouch's spoiler[brother can be explained away if he is not really related to him. Perhaps the "brother" is just a spy to watch over Lelouch, and I feel there is a strong probability that it was he who altered Lelouch's memory. I just cannot accept (at this stage, with so little information) that Lelouch has a real blood brother. Surely some mention of him would have surfaced in season one......]

Haro! Haro! Cannot accept! Cannot accept! There is a problem!

Anyway, that's my gut reaction. Your thoughts?
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
spoiler[ I just cannot accept (at this stage, with so little information) that Lelouch has a real blood brother. Surely some mention of him would have surfaced in season one......]

spoiler[Getting technical... but Lelouch has heaps of blood brothers, every single prince of Brittainia... but you obviously mean full brother like how Nunnally is his full sister. Still I agree with you that he seems to be a spy of some sorts, episode 1 refers to him being watched and they used Lelouch as a trap to capture C.C and the other remaining black knights. He may be related to Lelouch as in being another prince of Brittainia. ]
TheAnimeJudge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
man do i stink at making topics unlike u guys.. o.O...
Cant wait for the anime, i've been waiting a couple years for it.. xD and finnaly! its here! I'm pretty sure it will be really good, especially since the first geass really rocked my socks off when i saw it! D: i seriously wanna see what happens to lulu and CC =D
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
headpower wrote:
Post removed by moderator.

headpower wrote:
Post removed by moderator.

You are not headpower's little brother or sister, are you?

Whoever you are, I'll ask a mod to summarily delete the two posts.

Anyway, to you Westlo, I admit I was careless when interpreting certain words. Yes, it could be that spoiler[this new boy is Lelouch's half brother. I think my assumption (which as far as I know, has not been proved or disproved either way) came about when I saw a picture of his "brother". He looked so much like Lelouch,] I just assumed.

If he is spoiler[Lelouch's full brother, where has he been? Why was he not mentioned during the first half of the show's run?]

If he isn't, spoiler[then what are his motives? You mention that he apparently attempts to lure C2 into a trap. That seems awful mean. But maybe he has an ulterior motive (if this is the case, I am sure the show will explain this all away), and is trying to help Lelouch. Or perhaps he is trying to lure Lelouch back to Britannia.]

What ever the case, spoiler[he is going to be a critical character plot wise. I merely hope I can stand him as a "person" (basically hoping he isn't grating, or something like that).]

The Anime Judge wrote:
man do i stink at making topics unlike u guys.. o.O...
can't wait for the anime, i've been waiting a couple years for it.. xD and finnaly! its here! I'm pretty sure it will be really good, especially since the first geass really rocked my socks off when i saw it! D: i seriously wanna see what happens to lulu and CC =D

Number one; we have been waiting six months for season 2. A long time, but not years.

Number two; I too wish to see how the relationship between Lelouch and C2 plays out. Hopefully there will be no tragic ending (and if there is, woe betide anyone who lets that out prematurely......).

Number three; Making a good thread isn't too hard when it is on a popular Anime such as this. I personally adapted the template for the first post from Tony K. He (you ARE a he, aren't you?) has made plenty of these threads in the past. Not too hard, though time consuming.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
By how the series has been going and by what lelouch has already done thus far, I can't think of another way the series would end other than him getting the guillotine at some point. Now, whether he will go down as a complete villain or a martyr is yet to be known (the former for now is more likely), but I can't see him getting out after all he has done unscathed.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote
well well well, I just finished season 1 in 2 days getting ready for this...

instead of posting thoughts, I'd rather make it easy for myself and list the questions I want answered.

Things I want to see: spoiler[who was shot?--I'm hoping for Suzaku, but of course he can't die because Lelouch gave his stupid Geass command. Will Lelouch gain control of his Geass? Who is his mother, and is she really dead or is she a part of the mystery of Geass, seeing as C squared knows her? How will Kallen react when Zero=Lelouch processes? What will happen now that Lelouch and Suzaku have both been pushed over the edge? Can Lelouch possibly be saved from his evilness? From the consequences of using the Japanese? In the event that the rebellion fails and he falls into the hands of Britannia? Will Lelouch have the long-awaited confrontation with his father? If so, what will he do? What will become of Lelouch's reputation in history? Can Nina just die already? And what about Shirley? And the most essential questions of all: What are the terms of C squared's contract, and will Lelouch fall in love with her? ]

I CAN'T WAIT. Save Lelouch! Please!

also, if this is supposedly 50 episodes long, does that mean we're looking at a season 3?
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:20 am Reply with quote
It's rumored to be quite a long series. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 83