• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arrietty Anime Film's U.S. Dub Featurette Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurnerJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Alexis.Anagram wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Alexis.Anagram wrote:

GhostShell wrote:
...not sure why Disney felt they couldn't just leave the title as Arrietty...

The Japanese title of the film wasn't just Arrietty, either.

The Japanese title is 借りぐらしのアリエッティ aka Karigurashi no Arietti or The Borrower Arrietty.

Correct. Hence, not just Arrietty.

@TurnerJ: Of course, it's all just subjective. And, really, what matters is that people are enjoying Studio Ghibli in whatever fashion they are so inclined to.

Personally, I swoon every time I hear Willem Dafoe's Cob in Tales of Earthsea, so I'm hardly one to solicit judgment.

Willem's Cob was pretty good, but I was a bit unsure over whether his voice was fitting for the character he played or not; then again his character was so little defined that I guess it didn't really make a difference to me one way or the other. Hare was a much better villain IMO.

I personally liked Muska much better; Hamill's performance especially—whoever knew he could be such a terrifying villain?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote
TurnerJ wrote:

I personally liked Muska much better; Hamill's performance especially—whoever knew he could be such a terrifying villain?

Was that tongue-in-cheek? Laughing
Friend&Machine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
Excited to see this on the big screen, but I'm still not a big fan of Disney Americanizing the human characters' names... The U.K. dub didn't do that, did it?

Recent made a review on the film and I also found it was a bit to Disney haha, its the first Anime ever screened at my local cinemas so i had to watch it just on that alone.
http://youtu.be/eg7FHIKoIWc
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2