• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Simpsons Halloween Comic to Feature Death Note Parody

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
BunnyCupCakes wrote:

And yeah,I can also see Family Guy and South Park doing this soon lol

Well there was an episode where they went to that fantasy land and Totoro was there... ...and then got shot in the head...
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
OK, it's look like anime has been popping up in America's media. It's look like USA has accepted anime into culture. I see it now:

Family Guy: having a episode paying homage to anime.

The Simpson: having parody deathnote and one episode where they parody Japanese pop culture. It looks like they might parody more.

South Park: I've seen them parodying and homage to Akira, Pokemon, and other anime-related stuff. I can see them parodying Deathnote, Bleach, and other anime.

Robot Chicken: I've seen them parodying DBZ, Sailor Moon, Akira, Voltron, and other anime. I even found out Seth Green is secretly a anime fan. I wonder why he hasn't parody Bleach, Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Deathnote, Gundam, and other anime.

The Boondocks: Maybe Mccgruder will make a special episode where Huey and Riley will somehow go to ancient Japan and they will parody Jin and Mugen from Samurai Champloo. I hope they can parody other anime.

Let see what's next for America's media references, parody, and homages to anime/manga?

Transformers: Gundam (what if Bandai and Hasbro team up and have Transformers take form of Gundam. Let see Optimus Prime take form of RX-78 GUndam or Wing Zero Custom)

World Women's Volleyball tournament: the universal anthem for that would be the theme from the classic girl volleyball anime, Attack no.1 or Attack by Tomorrow.

Soccer's world cup final: Maybe they'll use the anime Whistle! opening or closing as the universal anthem.

World's Baseball Classic: maybe they'll used one of the theme song from one of the baseball anime, maybe Major or Big Windup (Ōkiku Furikabutte).

Great anime is getting more getting attention from around the world.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
And the food network should start playing Yakitate!! Japanl Smile that would be pretty cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2