• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters Jun, Aug - Nov 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Another option for some would be singles bundle via TRSI...
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, shiny, Nighthead Genesis, I already have the series, but I quite enjoyed it to be quite honest. It starts off a bit slow, and with a lot of "nii-san" going on, but I think it's worth sticking out the first few eps for sure. For some reason, at Otakon, I noticed NHG in the "yaoi" section, which made no sense to me as the series isn't yaoi in the slightest (the two characters on the cover are brothers for one thing, and I can't think of any other yaoi stuff going on)
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
There is now no reason for people to not get Step Up Love Story (Futari Ecchi). Seriously, everyone needs to get on that.

I guess there's also no reason for me to keep stalling on Strawberry Panic. Loved it years ago, but I've been hesitant on grabbing it.

All of this is, of course, assuming Media Blasters will still be around when it's June.

It's futari and ecchi that's a good enough reason to not get it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Yeah, seeing how this one's dubbed, it could just be the first season. But if it was the real Complete Collection, it would be a bargain or at least something worth getting. It's not great but amusingly, almost ironically, I enjoyed it more than Ah! My Goddess Seasons 1 and 2 combined. Come to think on it, it's worth that price just for the last episode of season 2 alone.

If it's the full series.
If it's released...

The other ones, I hated the endings. Simoun had a great story, characters, animation and music just to be ruined by an ending that, well, ended. Everything. I could start a whole thread on just how it went wrong...

Strawberry Panic? Ruined by one word: spoiler[Onee-sama. Stupid fan voted pairings. They didn't even involve the most interesting characters for some reason.] Still, it had one of the funniest gags that I've ever seen in an anime so I didn't regret watching it.

Step Up Love Story. I saw it or maybe I should say "I saw it?" It was what it was, not much. When Part two was released, I had to check to see if I had watched Part one.

Otoboku: It really tried too hard and failed too hard but it has a good cast and the Omake episode really is funny. Note to writers and producers: If you want to make a cross-dressing romantic comedy, you don't need ghosts as you already have enough of a hook to set yourself apart from the rest. Also, you may want to focus on the "romance" part. Oh, and the "comedy" part.

And, sigh, the "cross dressing" part.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
There's nothing for me here.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Already have the Ah My Buddha singles that MB put out so I do not need to buy it again. Already own and trying to get rid of Doujin Work since I did not like it or find it that funny. Nothing else really interests me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

TRSI has fixed the running time. This is listed to be a re-release of the Nirvana Collection (the last release).
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
RightStuf posted an update on Media Blasters titles.

Queen’s Blade 2: The Evil Eye DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - now June 5, 2012
Fushigi Yugi Season 1 DVD Collection (Hyb) - now June 12, 2012
Bakuman Blu-ray Part 1 (Hyb) - now June 26, 2012
Kite Blu-ray (Hyb) - now September 11, 2012
Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox TV + OVA DVD Collection (Hyb) - now September 11, 2012
Last Breath Blu-ray (D) LiveAction - now September 11, 2012
Psychotica Blu-ray (D) LiveAction - now September 25, 2012
Lady Ninja Kasumi DVD Collection 1 (S) LiveAction (Movies 1-3) - now September 25, 2012
Gamera the Brave Blu-ray (Hyb) LiveAction - now September 25, 2012
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
For Media Blasters to list titles for September releases seems... aspirational.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
In the headlong race between MB's aspirations and its expiration, I'll put my money on the latter.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
via RACS
Quote:
First up - after bumping it's release several times, Media Blasters has permanently canceled the Bakuman Season 1 Part 1 BLURAY (AWS-1210), which was scheduled to street on June 26th. No reason was given
Altacia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Guess I've waited long enough, Looks like it could be time to start picking up whatever MB titles I've been procrastinating on.

Neutral
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Guess this means I'm gonna have to hunt down Fushigi Yugi on VHS whenever I get back on my feet financially since Media Blasters seems to still be having its issues and I don't feel like shelling out $150 to get Pioneer's OOP DVD releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4