• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (TV)

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Who is the pink haired girl by the end of episode 12?
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Who is the pink haired girl by the end of episode 12?

pretty sure she's a new character. I'm sure they are hoping for a second season.
batou37

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Thats what I was thinking and I for one hope for it I enjoyed this series pretty well.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
It also really bugged me how he kept calling himself a zombie spoiler[when he's really not a zombie]. It wouldn't have been annoying but he just LOVED to tell us "zombie se" haha.

He is a zombie, just not the kind you're used to. Asian zombies aren't the same as Western zombies. Immediately I can think of Zombie Loan and Shaman King as other anime that have fully intelligent zombies just like Ayumu.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
@Dorcas - I'll accept that, there are different kind of zombies and I may not be used to that. But my beef is not really his intelligence. Maybe I'm just not used to it but I always thought that spoiler[zombies could die if their head was blown up? I mean what's the difference in between calling Ayumu a zombie or an immortal? Surely there is a difference?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
@Dorcas - I'll accept that, there are different kind of zombies and I may not be used to that. But my beef is not really his intelligence. Maybe I'm just not used to it but I always thought that spoiler[zombies could die if their head was blown up? I mean what's the difference in between calling Ayumu a zombie or an immortal? Surely there is a difference?]

Well Ayumu for one spoiler[already died and was resurected], It seems his magical nature weakened by sunlight, he has bee, his master is a Necromancer, and I get the general feeling he would probably not get along with Alexander Anderson.

Yeah he is not a more common movie zombie, but I belive the term zombie often meant that the person (zombie) was moving becaus of the will of somone else. Maybe zombies don't even need brains, kind of like how Mummys do not have them. Actually I can't really recall most of my knowledge, it has been over 5 years since I really looked up on zombie myths, I do recall different variants from Africa, Haiti, Ireland and Britain.

Anyway this discusion really is a focus of the series title: "Is he really a Zombie?", the series itself is aware that he doesn't fit the image.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
@Dusky - Good points, I agree with you.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
OVA is out guys, there seems to be no subs out yet but I watched the raw and even without subs the show made me laugh with the visuals. I'll edit this post when I get to watching the sub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12