• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Anime/Manga titles.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Shuchung wrote:
Gambalist! Shun/Fly High:
anime#2205
anime#6374

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, I'm just going to leave this here.

Done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
alshebl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but June Pride (#10472) is simply the title of the first volume released in the U.S. of Takumi-kun Series (#10018).
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:08 am Reply with quote
alshebl wrote:

Done.

Shawaazu wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but June Pride (#10472) is simply the title of the first volume released in the U.S. of Takumi-kun Series (#10018).

This is what I've been afraid of... right now I've linked them in a manner similar to Animatrix and Memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ingram_pilot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
There are two different entries for the Higurashi/When They Cry manga.

Entry 1: Higurashi no Naku Koroni
manga#6838

This entry contains most of the information for the manga; but it doesn't have the links to the US releases of GNs 1-3 or the reviews of GNs 1 & 2.
However the "Related anime" section has a link to the duplicate entry.

Entry 2: Higurashi: When They Cry
manga#10497

This entry has one news item that is not in the first one (2008-10-23), but the other 2 items are already listed on the page for entry 1.
This entry also has the links to the releases and reviews mentionned above.
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Tende Seiaku Cupid #5616 should be Tende Showaru Cupid and furthermore has an incorrect image in its data.

Rapu Sarada #3728 appears to be a misspelling of the title Rupu Sarada.

Division Chief Kosaku Shima #5405 is just the English title for Buchou Shima Kosaku #5818.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
Ingram_pilot: Higurashi franchise is a rather complex case, as it has many plot lines and arcs, written and illustrated by different authors, and published by different companies. I'm thinking about adding an anthology for it.

Akemi_Idaku wrote:
Tende Seiaku Cupid #5616 should be Tende Showaru Cupid and furthermore has an incorrect image in its data.

Funny, it's a picture of Tende Freeze! As for the incorrect title, the original submitter must have the kanji of 性悪 spelled as individual characters.

Akemi_Idaku wrote:
Rapu Sarada #3728 appears to be a misspelling of the title Rupu Sarada.

You got it right. However, thanks to Internet Archive, there's a clear "RUP SALAD" on the back cover of the original 1992 edition.

For the puzzle game versions on PlayStation and Nintendo DS, various English sites call it either "Loop Salad" (more common) or "Lup Salad." Since the original cover has "Rup Salad" on it I'll use it as the main title, while other titles will be added as alternatives.

Akemi_Idaku wrote:
Division Chief Kosaku Shima #5405 is just the English title for Buchou Shima Kosaku #5818.

Merged.
xanador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
anime#1911

is the same movie of this

anime#1548
rti9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:

Those are in big messes... I'll try to fix them, but I guarantee they'll cost me an evening. Anime dazed
rti9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Those are in big messes... I'll try to fix them, but I guarantee they'll cost me an evening. Anime dazed

Relax dormcat, I think that the only thing that needs confirmation is if Wild Seven (TV) was actually licensed by Media Blasters. Hopefully the person who created the entry has the source. I could only find this bit of info from 2002. Media Blasters' website is impossible to navigate so it would probably quicker if an ANN staffer sent an e-mail questioning them about that license.

My guess is that the entry was created from that announcement and someone just duplicated the same staff as the OVA. If this guess is correct, you would just need to delete the Wild Seven (TV) entry. Leave it to a brave volunteer to fill in the blanks of the remaining page. Definitely not an emergency.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
Hopefully the person who created the entry has the source. I could only find this bit of info from 2002.

Unfortunately, no; back then there was no strict requirement on source info. The info was entered after the announcement (on August 1st), though.

rti9 wrote:
Media Blasters' website is impossible to navigate so it would probably quicker if an ANN staffer sent an e-mail questioning them about that license.

At least it's not on their catalog, while the 1992 movie The Weathering Continent is still under letter W so the vintage shouldn't be a problem.

rti9 wrote:
My guess is that the entry was created from that announcement and someone just duplicated the same staff as the OVA.

Guess what? The cast of TV series was entered earlier, raging from a month to 10 months. Just look at the URL: TV series is #1026 while the OVA is #3011. Rolling Eyes

rti9 wrote:
If this guess is correct, you would just need to delete the Wild Seven (TV) entry. Leave it to a brave volunteer to fill in the blanks of the remaining page. Definitely not an emergency.

Actually things are more complex than that... Swirling Canal is in the mess as well. I'm off for work now and I'll keep you updated on what's going on.
Case

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
anime#5874 needs moved to the manga section and anime#4097 should be linked as its adaptation.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Case wrote:
anime#5874 needs moved to the manga section and anime#4097 should be linked as its adaptation.

Done.
gras

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Boukensha/Christopher Columbus:

anime#1794
anime#5243
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 17