• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:29 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
spoiler[Looks like the Cardinal let Oracion Seis escape. Well, he does have a face of a criminal.]
I really think there is Zero chance he is a villain.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
ookamigirl wrote:
spoiler[Looks like the Cardinal let Oracion Seis escape. Well, he does have a face of a criminal.]

maybe if he's not a villain than maybe he is scared of oracion seis and wants to live after the clock is used or something, i find its getting better now that fairy tail isnt always getting owned and stuff, they usually do get defeated in some way then come back but they just got defeated to many times for my liking, and i hope since its filler they will make a awesome fight scene because usually the fights look a bit like the manga and have constant cuts, but theyre not basing this off of manga so i hope its good.

i had a question too. the sub and manga i watch/ read always say his name gerard at times and jellal at others... which one is it?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
dynastyhunter wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

maybe if he's not a villain than maybe he is scared of oracion seis and wants to live after the clock is used or something,

Look at what I said, I put a capital letter where there normally not be one needed. Anime catgrin

dynastyhunter wrote:
i had a question too. the sub and manga i watch/ read always say his name gerard at times and jellal at others... which one is it?

His name seems to be Jellal. Link
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 am Reply with quote
haha... i did think of Zero when i read it but it didn't click in right away and nice theory i must say i agree but i dought Zero would be that smart so its probably just Brain I.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 146

spoiler[Zentopia's way of world order is seriously twisted.
That corrupt cardinal is manipulating everything.
Fairy Tail sure has its hands full on all fronts.
Gildarts pissed off, now that's an awesome sight!]

Can't wait for next episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 146

Oh my, I so did not see that spoiler[the Cardinal was actually Zero], this totally changes everything.

That is if I did not get the feeling a while back, and write it here after I watched episode 140.

The Mira fight was cool, but a bit of a let down in some regards for spoiler[how it ended, but I guess that is continued theme of Mira. She has all the power to finish them off, but she stops short, as seen with Freed and Mary.] But I guess it is kind of an inspiration, like watching a good old fashion befriending.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 147

spoiler[Even Byro felt betrayed..
Seems like it was a bad time to be celestial spirit wizard.
It's a shame that Byro just can't see past his Zentopian beliefs.
Gildarts vs Byro. That's always a fight worth watching ^^
Seems like they just divided new Oracion Seis members among themselves to fight against.
Hope Happy was right about those seals..]
timiman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
About the current filler arc... I don't really like it that much. It's good in a way but it's starting to feel a bit dragged on. I hope it ends within the next 2-3 episodes. But I still wait every week for the new episode as it still is the highlight of my week.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
@timiman Yeah, I think it has gotten better, though. The first half of the filler seemed a lot crappier than the recent episodes, albeit not being awesome either. The filler has had some good points, like spoiler[Gildarts thrashing Byro without magic], but I wish it'd get back to something resembling a main story line.

I'd have to say the thing about Fairy Tail that irks me the most is the way spoiler[Natsu is frequently portrayed as very weak. There are so many situations where you hit him once and he's down, but in the next episode he enters god mode and obliterates everyone.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
I'd have to say the thing about Fairy Tail that irks me the most is the way spoiler[Natsu is frequently portrayed as very weak. There are so many situations where you hit him once and he's down, but in the next episode he enters god mode and obliterates everyone.]

I guess the thing about Natsu is that his strength spoiler[seems to increase incredibly depending on his rage. Which though he can be one of the strongest characters, he does not stand a chance against Erza and Gildarts as he can not be personally angry at the. Like how he could stand a chance against Laxus when he did bad things, but get taken out with one hit in a normal duel.]

I would like if the specifically addressed it in the show so it does not feel like a cop out.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator I understand those instances but a very recent example is his fight with spoiler[Imitatia. Even though it was cheap shot: I didn't see any reason for him to go down like that. And when he was getting hit repeatedly by the slot machine villain: he wasn't even that mad, but took way more.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Well he obviously would not be able to spoiler[get his game face against someone who was his ally earlier, and that staff for some reason was beating the crap out of him in the Nevada arc also.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
spoiler[that staff for some reason was beating the crap out of him in the Nevada arc also.]

I wasn't referring to him losing spoiler[to the staff, but specifically because he wasn't getting knocked out by it. He took a lot of abuse in that fight without really being bothered. Getting hit once by Imitatia knocked him out.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 148 (An Angel's Tears)

obviously from the title you can tell who was going to be the main focus of the episode, which made me really look forward to it, but I don't remember being too much of a fan of her the first time. The first time I thought of spoiler[her as a vain woman, who does dirty tricks, murders, and treats her own spirits very poorly. But this time I largely felt of her as a victim, the little girl locked up, brainwashed by a madman, a woman who could only find hope in becoming an angel. I really felt pity for her.]

Similar to a show I seasons back (perhaps with that one pantyless character), I found myself actually really wanting the heroes to spoiler[talk her down, same feeling for Imitatia. And I really enjoyed how the fight went, having Gray tell Angel to live on, and her going face to face with what she was becoming was really good. There was a good subtle bit where it looked like Gray had wings, and Angel's outfit afterwards was] pretty hot.

@ Rhyono
And Natsu's quick loss earlier was addressed as spoiler[her hitting his weak spot, actually proudly talking about her effectiveness with it.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 148

Still fighting the new Oracion Seis.
There were some seriously nice fights.
Looks like Gray really became stronger.
All of the main characters are getting more powerful.
Although Gray still seems to soft sometimes.[/spoiler]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 57