• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TolueneTyrant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
This anime is worth it alone just for the 3D maneuver scenes with the swinging camera. It really ad's a nice perspective the manga can't.

Divineking wrote:

Looks like next week is Mikasa's backstory. Hope they pull that off well too since that was one of my favorite parts of the manga.

Yeah and the funny thing is that means it'll probably be at least two weeks before anyone see's Eren's outcome but I have a feeling its gonna be a little longer even, considering how much material from the mage is available to adapt.
BeetleBuzz

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I love the main character's resolve. I also love how they're building these titans to these abominable horrors. Its got a Frankenstein/zombie appeal to it, except on steroids.

And this will be interesting...

spoiler[Protagonists loses a leg. Loses arm. And looks like he's eaten...]

[EDIT: What's with people and not using spoiler tags properly in this thread? - Key]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
[EDIT: Spoiler's gone. -TK]

*slaps Divineking* Spoiler tags!

And that also goes for BeetleBuzz, and anyone else who could not simply highlight text and press the "spoiler" button. It is common courtesy to spoiler tag major events until at least a week after the episode, and likely when it has been released on official channels.
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Whelp...

spoiler[That didn't go according to plan at all. ]

lol

Next spoiler is random speculation stuff, having not read any of the stuff connected to this series.

(which is annoying to me given that I'm interested in that production feature that NHK (?) is running right now, but I guess I'll just go back to it later)

spoiler[Wouldn't be surprised if the easiest way to kill the titans turns out to kill them from the inside or something (I mean, Eren is already in there and that's the only way he's getting out)... I'm pretty sure they're not killing off the main guy yet.

But I'm wondering what they gonna do about his arm and leg... would be cool if he just goes the rest of the journey without them, but there's probably something in there that will help, like maybe the stuff his dad injected? Might be like Titan blood or something similar to what causes the Titan body parts to regenerate. Whatever.]

That said, aside from the stuff at the end of the episode, I was pretty interested in that Pixis character who hung out with all the rich people.

Dude plays top-tier in politics.

It took like 2 seconds to figure out that he wasspoiler[throwing matches (someone who sits around and eats sweets all day can't possibly have decent insight into how the human mind works... or at least that's what they want us to think), but it's just funny how exactly they go about revealing it: they just have the one dude come out and say it.]

Fun episode...

And a lot of the Titan/action-oriented animations are amazing.

DAT DYNAMIC MOVEMENT
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Re: Spoilers

I don't think anyone who has read the manga should write spoilers for what's about to happen, even if spoiler tags are used. There will most likely be people curious enough to read them, but it would really kill the surprise.

If you're the curious type, the wait is totally worth it so try not to read any spoilers. It'll be that much more exciting when you see it for yourself-- Trust me. I'm totally hyped for the next one or two episodes even though I already know what's going to happen. It's THAT GOOD.
kaydub

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Part of me is going to be disappointed when spoiler[there isn't a Six Million Dollar Man crossover]...
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Gentlemen. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Gentlemen. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

I'm pretty sure we'll have enough people running around dramatically in slow-motion at one point.

Funnily, there's already one with that dude doing a flip in the air in the opening sequence.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
Well, that was horribly depressing.

Im liking it alot though. I dont see why people say this show is so cheap. Sure there are still shots, but I think they are used in the right places. Plus the thickness looks more like a style choice. Kinda reminds me of the recent Jojo series in some regards.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
Well, that was horribly depressing.

Im liking it alot though. I don't see why people say this show is so cheap. Sure there are still shots, but I think they are used in the right places. Plus the thickness looks more like a style choice. Kinda reminds me of the recent Jojo series in some regards.

I think that's said because it's inconsistent.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Welp. That sure was an episode of Attack on Titan. This series appears to be full of suprises.

Also, I kind of wish people who have read the manga would GTFO and start their own thread. This thread would be a lot more fun if it wasn't a mine field of future spoilers.

Oh and thanks for ruining the ending Divineking. Really appreciate that.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 5
So, Eren spoiler[goes bye-bye down the Titan's throat.]
Hmm...Can't he use spoiler[his other arm to cut himself out of the stomach or slice the Titan's throat and crawl out?] He still has his blade.
Mikasa finally gets a flashback episode explaining what actually happened those many years ago so, I look forward to that.

Mad_Scientist wrote:

I can't see it for some reason, giving me a 403 forbidden error. I'd be careful about checking out fanart for this series though if you want to avoid possible spoilers (as well as possible not spoilers that might still be confusing).

Yeah, one of my friends had emailed to me but, wouldn't explain what it meant when I asked him. So I figured, "Oh, why don't I ask the ANN posters who read the manga. At least they are straightforward with their answers."

GokuMew2 wrote:

Pixiv is a closed-community and the reason why we're seeing a 403 error is because they do not allow hotlinking. I think you should remove the direct link to the image.

It must be since I have an account that I can see it fine. But, I just completely removed my post. Thanks.

In the fanart, spoiler[the blonde girl who flipped Eren, a blonde guy who looks like Jean, and a tall guy with black have pinkish tattoos on their bodies that look like muscles.] I thought that their spoiler[tattoos looked like the Red giant Titans] and that, perhaps,spoiler[ they might be turning into them or they have the ability to look like humans and have been spying on humanity.]

That might explain why the Red Titans spoiler[appear just when humanity least expects it.] But, now I think of it, that's not possible. The Red Titans have never appeared before until ep. 1 so, that means spoiler[the trio would have to be five years old currently. Unless, the look like teens and are, genetically 5 years old.] Or something.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see reactions beyond this point. This where all the weirdness starts happening.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Starts?!
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, that ending was pretty much the definition of awesome for me. Very Happy

Some theorizing, as I find it hard to imagine spoiler[the protagonist being killed off in ep. 5] (although that would be pretty impressive, I'd say).

(No manga spoilers to follow, as I haven't read it. And yes, please don't post manga spoilers under spoiler tags in this thread, thank you.)

spoiler[The titans can regenerate even if their heads are chopped off. Maybe Eren can as well, regarding the injection thingy we saw a while back. Some titan genes, maybe? Maybe there's more where that came from (the basement). Maybe a possibility for victory even? Some missing limbs shouldn't be a problem, then.]

Awesome show, I can't wait for next week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 107