• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old stereotypes: "Anime is just OVAs and movies."

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
anime advocate wrote:
Quote:
I think that it's hentai that is giving the public this opinion on anime, not your everyday fanserves.

Well mostly, you can not just judge anime off things you have heard or seen. In this case people who have seen hentai and anime that is partly pervirse can then have bad images that stick in to there mind that anime is bad. People begain to think that other people who watch anime are nothing more than people who watch hentai. If there is an anime that has some nudity then all of the sudden that anime becomes hentai. This is an issue that could be fixed by taking hentai off worldwide. That way everone could see that some animes are not perverse but in fact are the oppisite.

That would be an impossibility. the large amount of hentai world wide is staggering (and kinda funny). Also hentai doesn't just exist on the internet. It's first published in actual magazines and books. Not to mention it's protected by freedom of speech. I think hentai is something that anime and anime fans are always going to have to live with regardless of their opinions on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3